ECU DOES NOT HAVE A VIN SET

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Arion

ECU DOES NOT HAVE A VIN SET

Post by Arion »

Flashpro not locking to car. It says ECU DOES NOT HAVE A VIN SET. PLEASE SEE HONDA DEALER ABOUT PROGRAMMING VIN INTO ECU.

I called a friend that works at a Honda dealer asking him if he could do it. He said they cannot change nothing in the ECU besides idle.

If thats the way to do it , what exactly do I have to ask Honda to do, to program the VIN number and get Flashpro working?

INFO:
Brazilian Civic SI 2007
37820 RRD M 11

thanks
Arion
yungming

Post by yungming »

please contact me at babyk88 at gmail dot com to solve your problem :)

Thanks
WR1

Re: ECU DOES NOT HAVE A VIN SET

Post by WR1 »

Arion wrote:Flashpro not locking to car. It says ECU DOES NOT HAVE A VIN SET. PLEASE SEE HONDA DEALER ABOUT PROGRAMMING VIN INTO ECU.

I called a friend that works at a Honda dealer asking him if he could do it. He said they cannot change nothing in the ECU besides idle.

If thats the way to do it , what exactly do I have to ask Honda to do, to program the VIN number and get Flashpro working?

INFO:
Brazilian Civic SI 2007
37820 RRD M 11

thanks
Hi,

Did you solve that problem ?, I have the same issue.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The Honda dealer must program the vin just like they would if a new ECU were put into the car.
smoody

Post by smoody »

Soo do you have to remove the programing from the flashpro to do that or can the vin b set on your flash
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The FlashPRo will not have any effect on this. You will not be able to lock to or use the FlashPro with an ECU that does not have a VIN set.
Diogo Oliveira

Post by Diogo Oliveira »

When the car is scanned for the very first time at the dealer, it's mandatory to insert the VIN number at the scanner before anything can be done. When that's done, the VIN number is recorded at the ECU. At least here in Brazil, VIN numbers are not recorded, or set, into the ECU.

If your ECU does not have the VIN recorded, that means your car have never been scanned for anything. It's very common for the brazilian dealers to charge for services that have not been done.....like an ECU scan.