knock tables values changing.

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
fd2typeR

Post by fd2typeR »

engjoo wrote:
There is an easier way to do this. You may right click on the table and import from another previously saved calibration (eg Honda reflashed).
Thats what i did, however it ask whether wanna load the table index, i am not too sure which to click, thus i click "no". However do note that will need to import for both knock control low table and high table as well....coz 1 time only import 1 control table.
dallionz

2008 pre fl version.

Post by dallionz »

my car manufacturing year is 2008. pre fl version. I doubt that it is the problem as it does not belong to the ecu problem batch which is anything before 2008. the blinking check light has been present regardless before fl or after. anyway, was hoping for a reply about these matters as these are quite serious issues when reflash of ecu. I don't think the ecu from the fl and pre fl version have any difference as the main engine stall bug was resolved since the 2008 batch of fd2rs were produced. its not the jdm map, rather its the firmware that's causing the bug. that being said, think the firmware between the jdms and the US si maps are different. any gurus can help? knock tables decreasing with every upload is concerning. unstable and inconsistant results from the reflash as pinging and throttle reaction differs from flashes.
dallionz

Post by dallionz »

fd2typeR wrote:
engjoo wrote:
There is an easier way to do this. You may right click on the table and import from another previously saved calibration (eg Honda reflashed).
Thats what i did, however it ask whether wanna load the table index, i am not too sure which to click, thus i click "no". However do note that will need to import for both knock control low table and high table as well....coz 1 time only import 1 control table.

best is to unplug yr flashpro first. open two flashpro managers. one with the current calibration that you wanna update. then toggle between them to copy and paste. note that u must do everything once without saving till u have do e all the adjustments to the calibration and saved it once, then either flash it to yr car straight or save it in your pri or sec slot. this will ensure the knock tables are not broken or lower in value.
jwkim

Post by jwkim »

From what I remember, there was ECU recall for the early generation FD2 CTR.
It seems like Honda changed it after that recall?

I have FL CTR, and I guess I can not use this tool then?
dallionz

same outcome.

Post by dallionz »

bro, its the same outcome with the blinking check light on the recall batch as well as the newer pre fl and fl models. tried and tested many times.

wanna ask is there any particular process of reflashing an ecu throughly with consistant outcome as to what we programmed them to be? is there any other tables that we can't view or access from the jdm calibration?
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

fd2typeR wrote:
engjoo wrote:
Yes, you MUST say yes to importing the index or the values will not match the respective rpm and load it was intended for.

You need to load high cams - 0, 15, 30, 40, 50 and low cams 0, 15, 30, 40, 50.
engjoo

knock values decreasing with each save!

Post by engjoo »

Did an experiment and there is indeed a problem with the knock table values decreasing.

I am using 1.1.5.6 now.

What I did in this experiment is as follows:

1) Load new cal. Select FD2 Stock Equivalent. Save cal as stock.fpcal. Note value of knock low - 0 degrees @ 500rpm/Col 10 = 740

2) Re-open stock.fpcal. The same value becomes 739.

With each save and reopening, the values from col 6-10 will decrease by 1 each time.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for the problem report. This has been fixed for the next release
Hondata
dallionz

thanks.

Post by dallionz »

thanks hondata.

any views regarding the rest of the issues? update of the jdm calibration with functions seen in the civic si calibration?

the flashed calibration output in the ecu being consistant with our input changes?

is the firmware and logic between the civic fd2r and the civic si ecu completely different thus the output in terms of AFR becoming too rich, parameters such as throttle adjustment map updated to the ecu, fan control and blinking check light.

most of the asia market with flashpro tuned fd2rs are keen to be enlightened on these issues.
ModFreak

Post by ModFreak »

Hondata wrote:Thanks for the problem report. This has been fixed for the next release
Thanks Hondata, possible to include the throttle control map and coolant temp settings as in the SI calibrations?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

dallionz: Please explain your potential issues more clearly.
Hondata
dallionz

thanks for the quick response

Post by dallionz »

Hondata wrote:dallionz: Please explain your potential issues more clearly.
with regards to these potential issues, I believe that I have elaborate these issues to the best of my ability on my first post. following these from other fd2r owmers whom had contributed other issues regarding the jdm n civic si calibration. those issues even I wasn't aware of. thus reading from the first post onwards might give u a clearer picture on the potential issues which are typically found in the fd2 jdm calibration.

so far, what we fellow fd2r owners had discovered are all stated on this thread. hope that we were comprehensive enough in the throubleshoot and aiding to find the solution.
ModFreak

Post by ModFreak »

Hondata wrote:Thanks for the problem report. This has been fixed for the next release
I've tested the latest beta, but I only get Knock Limit, no Knock Sensivity etc.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The beta that is currently on our website does have the Knock Sensitivity tables for the FD2 Asia calibrations.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:The beta that is currently on our website does have the Knock Sensitivity tables for the FD2 Asia calibrations.
There are only 10 load columns on the FD2 type R stock equivalent and Hondata reflash calibrations as opposed to 20 columns on the other calibrations.

What does it mean from the perspective of engine management ? How many columns does the RTS cal has ?