Closed loop cruising AF jumping w/Datalog

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

So I had posted in another thread the problem I am having with closed loop where the car jumps between rich/lean but is fine in open loop. This problem happened when upgrading to latest version of SManager. (My older version was 2 or three versions old - upgraded last in August or September 09)

The differences in the datalog are Open Loop vs. Closed Loop. The jumping around is in Closed loop only.

I have a D16Z6 turbo'd and the previous tune was fine.
Stock P28 ECU with S300.
Attachments
Open vs. Closed Loop Steady Throttle.s3d
Datalog showing Open loop vs. closed loop
(87.03 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
19psi Tune - Clark Adjusted.skl
Calibration that was working fine.
(38.61 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

EDIT... I thought I had already upgraded to latest version of software but I was still on 1.4.5. I must've upgraded on my other laptop and not this one. I will reupload the new code and retest. I will repost when this is finished.

Sorry in advance.
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

Update... I upgraded again to the newest version, and still same problem. I searched for Spunkster's calibration, and entered his values under the "rate of change" section and things are running much better now.
LTcxD2B

Post by LTcxD2B »

peasly23 wrote:Update... I upgraded again to the newest version, and still same problem. I searched for Spunkster's calibration, and entered his values under the "rate of change" section and things are running much better now.
where can i find this calibration?
ls-t on the way
diSTiNCt

Post by diSTiNCt »

^ here is a copy of the calibration:
Attachments
closed loop testing wideband.skl
(33.95 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Revspeed

Post by Revspeed »

how do u know if its in closed loop or open loop?
the log is short and there s no short or long tern data nor is there anything that will show ur in closed loop........

beside ur runing too rich try between 16-lean lol.... (from 20+ inches of vaccum to about 8inches)
as long as the car doen t buck or so call hicup keep going lean
spoonskywalker

Post by spoonskywalker »

peasly23 wrote:Update... I upgraded again to the newest version, and still same problem. I searched for Spunkster's calibration, and entered his values under the "rate of change" section and things are running much better now.
peasly23: can you upload your new calibration? I also got same problem with you. What value you put under "rate of change" section? :D
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

I put the same values as Spunkster.
spoonskywalker

Post by spoonskywalker »

Can you upload the current datalog after put the new values. Mine still not jumping. Any ideas? Here my calibration & datalog..
Attachments
Newest.skl
My calibration under Close Loop
(33.3 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Closed Loop Datalog.s3d
My datalog
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
Don't Walk

Post by Don't Walk »

peasly23 wrote:I put the same values as Spunkster.
in regards to "Rate of Change" is that a motor specific? or is it something I can calculate to enter the values? or one of those trial and error thing to see which values work , I don't know how it works, my car is behaving the same way in the new version 1.4.7, jerks back and forth from 14:1 to 16:1 while cruising either 2500, 3000, or 3500rpm.....any input from someone here in the forum is appreciated....thanks