CAMCMD in datalog does not follow CAM angle in calibration

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
engjoo

CAMCMD in datalog does not follow CAM angle in calibration

Post by engjoo »

Looking through my datalogs and see that the CAMCMD and CAM values are close which is understandable.

However, I noticed that very often, CAMCMD differs from the CAM angle reflected on the VTC table by as much as 30 degree.

I am aware it takes time for the CAM angle to change but is it normal to have such a large deviation ?

I am on 1.1.6.2 now but I remember seeing this in 1.1.5.6
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

impossible to say without the calibration and datalogs showing the problem
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Spunkster wrote:impossible to say without the calibration and datalogs showing the problem
you have mail !
engjoo

Re: CAMCMD in datalog does not follow CAM angle in calibrati

Post by engjoo »

Screen shots.

dallionz

Post by dallionz »

u r driving an fd2r, wat r yr current mods? could be helpful if u list yr mods. any test pipe or cat?
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

dallionz wrote:u r driving an fd2r, wat r yr current mods? could be helpful if u list yr mods. any test pipe or cat?
My car is stock apart from an intake air scoop (remove resonator) + K&N drop in.

Stock Header, cat, cat back.

It is still having persistent part throttle knock. On some days, you can get knock counts more than 100 and on some days, it would be fine.
dallionz

Post by dallionz »

did yr tuner adjust the knock sensitivity limit? sometimes the inconsistant octane of fuel n embient temp contribute to knock. being in a higher gear n stepping on the throttle would in definite induce knock.
Last edited by dallionz on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

dallionz wrote:did yr tuner adjust the knock sensitivity limit? sometimes the inconsistant octane of fuel n embient temp contribute to knock. being in a higher gear n stepping on the throttle would in definite induce knock. u tuned by rhom? ( jus a guess).
Stock sensitivity unchanged. As far as I know, it should not change from stock values.
dallionz

Post by dallionz »

that's correct. was part throttle tuning done? u could post yr log n cal n I will look it up for u.

else u can pm me.