Switching tunes without plugging in?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
GI8U2racing

Switching tunes without plugging in?

Post by GI8U2racing »

Let me tell you the situation:

My racing class has just put a hp cap on our engines. We will be dynoed immediately after coming off the track, no time to plug up a laptop and load another tune.

I see two possible options, was wondering if S300 could do either:
1. Flick a switch that loads another tune real-time that has the tune limited to out peak hp number (which I would have made prior).
2. Flick a switch that richens or retards the entire map (or maybe a specific part of it if possible???) that will make the engine make less power, but still run ok.

I will need to lose ~10 whp at the top end 7500-8500 RPM, the rest of the range will be below the limit I'm sure.
Luke

Post by Luke »

go for a clean tune and don't cheat!

if you don't have nuts to stay with your tune and you have to cheat to get a good time: secondary maps ;)

remember: cheater have small dic*s

best regards Lukas
GI8U2racing

Post by GI8U2racing »

Luke wrote:if you don't have nuts to stay with your tune and you have to cheat to get a good time: secondary maps ;)

remember: cheater have small dic*s
I'm not asking necessarily because I want a leg up, I'm asking because there are fellow racers that know S300 like the back of their hand, and would do it if they could. And if they are, I want to be able to at least know what they're doing.

Tell me more about secondary maps and how you could switch to it easily without plugging in.
Luke

Post by Luke »

copy your map to secondary maps, get it tuned to the power you want.

switching between those maps is possible with a switch connected to the ECU. put that switch under your dash, press it after you finish and nobody knows, that you are cheating.

don't forget: physics are there and by messuring time and your driven way, you can calculate the power easily. so cheating isn't necessary ;))

best regards Lukas