k24A2 DC5 stalls when throttle is applied

Post by Anointeddc5 »

KManager v1.4.1.0
2002 Acura RSX-S
K24a2 Swap
KPro
E85 fuel
Open header
09 TSX Pistons, Forged Rods, Z1 Intake Cam with 50 degree VTC Gear, Walbro 255lph Fuel pump, RC 750cc injectors, Type-S oil pump, Complete Type-S wire harness.

Problem: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just swapped a k24a2 into my RSX and got everything back together. Now the car turns over fine and will idle as long as I let it but as soon as I apply some throttle after it's warmed up the RPMs drop and the car shuts off. After this happens I can get the car to start but it immediately shuts back down. I have replaced my fuel pump and battery. I've checked the voltage of the battery while the car is running to see if the alternator is charging it and I am getting 13-14 volts. If I let the car sit for a while it will start back up and idle for a while until I apply throttle...repeat. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to do next?

Note: The calibration seems to be locked by the tuner so it is not allowing me to upload it.
Attachments
idle3.kdl
datalog
(328.94 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Corey872

Post by Corey872 »

Well, you are idling at 16 AFR and it shoots to 20+ when you bump the throttle - which is crazy lean. The injectors are only firing for 2 ms, so it seems like they have good fuel flow and pressure - if you had low pressure, I'd expect them to hang open a lot longer trying to squirt in the needed amount of fuel.

Vacuum / idle speed looks pretty good, so it doesn't seem like a vacuum leak, though it never hurts to check all the lines. Plus, I would expect a vacuum leak to not cause as much trouble at higher throttle.

Your short term fuel trim is pegged at 47. So it seems like a simple case of need to add more fuel. If you've started with a gas tune, then you need about 25-30% more for E85, though your STFT is saying almost 50% more at this point.
Corey

E85 fueled Acura RSX-S Turbo w/ KPro
∙ 12.5:1 CR ∙ Precision Billet 5857E @ 15psi ∙ OBX Sidewinder ∙ ID 1000's ∙ ACT XTSS ∙ OBX LSD ∙ Custom 3" Magnaflow SS Exhaust
Anointeddc5

Post by Anointeddc5 »

Thanks Corey I will see if that works, I am currently getting an Etune through Jeff Evans since there are no local KPRO tuners I trust and he just sent me a new Cal with 40% more fuel so I hope it works. This is what's been keeping me off the road for a while now.