Question about returning to stock

FlashPro Manager software
mikec27

Question about returning to stock

Post by mikec27 »

I'm about to pick up a FlashPro, before I do I just had a couple questions about how to return the car to stock. I was wondering essentially how this works, do I have to plug the FlashPro in and have it "learn" the stock configuration before I can start uploading profiles to the ECU? Does the stock configuration get stored anywhere, either on the FlashPro itself or on my laptop? My concern is that if my laptop should crash and I lost all my data would I still be able to return the car to factory settings if needed.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Question about returning to stock

Post by Spunkster »

You can use any laptop to return the ECU to stock.
mikec27

Post by mikec27 »

So returning to stock isn't contingent upon learning the stock configuration of the ECU first? I don't understand how the FlashPro can know what the stock configuration is when it works with different versions of ECUs.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The software can tell what ECU is used.
Croc999

Post by Croc999 »

return to stock is not what you had from the factory but what Hondata thinks is stock.

i don't know how it is for other FPM compatible cars but for Euro S2000 "stock" tune looks bad - i was getting with it knocks all over the place :-(
Euro S2000 MY07 F20C2
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You are incorrect, Return to stock returns the ECU to a factory calibration.
Croc999

Post by Croc999 »

could pls elaborate on this?

asking at s2ki i've been told that Flapshro can't read my specific ECU to store it somewhere to be able to return original data when we choose "back to stock".
unfortunately you're guys didn't chime in there to give us your perspective.

on another thread there i've seen Hondata saying that every S2000 at the end of production line gets its individual tune.

so my conslusion was that if Flashpro can't read&save my ECU's specific tune than it "return to stock" with some generic tune.

running "Euro 2006+ stock equivalent" i've consistently seen a lot of knocks (40-50 during 1 hour) which was disapointing to see and makes me wander what will happen to my S when i will choose to part it from the Flashpro and "return to stock" - will it get that "Euro 2006+ stock equivalent" tune or it will get something else?...

if you say my understanding is not correct - i would really love to get the right picture how this works.

thx!!!
Gennady
Euro S2000 MY07 F20C2
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We have answered your question - returning the ECU to stock restores a 100% factory calibration.
Hondata
Croc999

Post by Croc999 »

1. is this my car's factory calibration?
or all of them suppose to have the same?

2. is this "return to stock" calibration same to "Euro 2006+ stock equivalent"?

thx,
Gennady
Euro S2000 MY07 F20C2
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

I would like to ask a question.

Taking the following Flashpro as an example:

2006 + US Civic Si (FP-SI-US) which is intended for ECU RRB-A01 through RRB-A14.

If we purchase the "FP-SI-US" for an "A01"ECU and subsequently perform an RTS, will this "A01" ECU become "A14" ECU?

When did Flashpro first collect the factory calibration from my ECU which is used subsequently for the RTS? Or was it pre stored in the factory? If it is pre-stored, then which version is it since A01 to A14 typically have updates along the way.
jimmyz98

Post by jimmyz98 »

If I had to guess, I would say the factory tunes are AFM.

If this is the case, the factory tune is generic... and they answered the question.
Last edited by jimmyz98 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesilverbullet

Post by thesilverbullet »

hondata - what version (revision) of the factory stock calibration? latest version (you keep the stock cal up to date via flashpro manager revisions) or is it some version from orginal release of flashpro (like from a stock 2006 s2k)?

flashpro should either up date to honda's latest stock version or you should download a copy of the ecu's calibration and save to flashpro so it can upload the same stock calibration if unlocked... one of the two - not "some" unknown version aka - 2006 version to a 2009 CR....
'24 ITR Tiger Eye coming soon...
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It normally is the latest calibration available for that model. Also, the CR uses the same ECU calibration as any other S2000.
Hondata
thesilverbullet

Post by thesilverbullet »

Thanks for the reply - good to know you update flashpromanger to the latest OEM stock cal.
'24 ITR Tiger Eye coming soon...
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD