Hondata Boost Control Solenoid

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
blacksi76

Hondata Boost Control Solenoid

Post by blacksi76 »

Since I do not use air conditioning and have it completely removed, can I use the AC Fuse in the underhood fuse panel as a 12v switched source to power my Hondata EBC solenoid using a fuse tap?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Hondata Boost Control Solenoid

Post by Spunkster »

You should never tap the fuses. You will be much better off using an inline fuse with a spade connecter to one of the switched power points in the fuse box.
blacksi76

Post by blacksi76 »

Ok, the EBC call for an inline 10A fuse, and the slot in the fusebox that's orignally for the air conditioning condensor is a 20A fuse, so what I have is not actually a full add a circuit fuse tap, but a little metal spade connector that you slide one of the prongs of the fuse into, and then into the slot, so if I replace the 20A fuse with a 10A fuse and make sure that the wire is connected to the prong of the fuse that is a 12V switched, I should be good?
fuse_tap.jpg

this is what I have....excuse me for my wiring ignorance, just trying to keep the wires clean and neat,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, do not use the fuses or the slots for the fuses. Use the empty spots that you can fit a spade connector on. Some are always hot awhile others are switched with the ignition. Use the Switched ignition ones.

USE and inline fuse

blacksi76

Post by blacksi76 »

Hey, thanks, I see what you're saying, that fusepanel you pictured looks like the under dash panel, so if I route the wire to there, I will have to extend the power wire into the car and all the way to that panel. I was trying to hook it up in the fusebox under the hood and use a 12V switched accessory that not being used anymore , like AC or whatever, is there no way to properly do this using the fusebox under the hood?