FD2 Asia 155hp Automatic Transmission

FlashPro Manager software
jbfd2ar

FD2 Asia 155hp Automatic Transmission

Post by jbfd2ar »

Hi, I drive a FD2 auto transmission (non type R version) 155hp.
I know that flashpro does not officially support this vehicle. but flashpro still be installed and tuned for this vehicle.

everything is fine, except that, once in a while, the power steering wheel light will come on, each time for a few minutes...

another thing is that, cruise control cannot be used for this vehicle.

what can i do about it ?

there is a map for FD2 auto 155hp in flashro manager, but it does not support cruise control as well.

Please help.
sc0rcher

Re: FD2 Asia 155hp Automatic Transmission

Post by sc0rcher »

did u select e correct gear ratio for yr car?
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

nope bro. ... in fact, the gear ratio from flashpro manager for fd2 auto 155 hp is not correct... it should be fd 1.8 (if i remember correctly),

I've also search on many sites and the gear ratios for fd2auto 155hp should be
2.666, 1.534, 1.021, 0.720, 0.524, Final Drive Ratio=4.437
I'm quite sure this is correct as one member in www.civicfd-sg.com took a pic showing this gear ratios from a honda FD2 155hp manual. The same values can also be found on many other forums/websites.

despite this, i've also tried using the gear ratios selected from fp manager. cruise control still dont work.

the same guy who did flashpro for me had done flashpro on fd2 manual 155hp version, and successfully got cruise control to work.
his explanation was that manual has 2 gear sensors, while the auto transmission only got 1, and so the ecu failed to detect the 2nd sensor, so cruise control cant work on FD2 auto 155hp version........I dont know how true is that...

any ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is not something we can test as we do not have any of these vehicles here.
sc0rcher

Post by sc0rcher »

jbfd2ar wrote:nope bro. ... in fact, the gear ratio from flashpro manager for fd2 auto 155 hp is not correct... it should be fd 1.8 (if i remember correctly),

I'm quite sure this is correct as one member in http://www.civicfd-sg.com took a pic showing this gear ratios from a honda FD2 155hp manual. The same values can also be found on many other forums/websites.

despite this, i've also tried using the gear ratios selected from fp manager. cruise control still dont work.

the same guy who did flashpro for me had done flashpro on fd2 manual 155hp version, and successfully got cruise control to work.
his explanation was that manual has 2 gear sensors, while the auto transmission only got 1, and so the ecu failed to detect the 2nd sensor, so cruise control cant work on FD2 auto 155hp version........I dont know how true is that...

any ideas?
Hi, u mentioned that the gear ratio u stated are fr a fd2 manual, so is it the same as the auto one?
What gear ratio yr tuner used for the fd2 manual? Is it the value u stated?
Sorry, i'm not exactly familiar with it, just trying to help.
IcEMoCHa

Post by IcEMoCHa »

sc0rcher wrote:
jbfd2ar wrote:nope bro. ... in fact, the gear ratio from flashpro manager for fd2 auto 155 hp is not correct... it should be fd 1.8 (if i remember correctly),

I'm quite sure this is correct as one member in http://www.civicfd-sg.com took a pic showing this gear ratios from a honda FD2 155hp manual. The same values can also be found on many other forums/websites.

any ideas?
Hi, u mentioned that the gear ratio u stated are fr a fd2 manual, so is it the same as the auto one?
What gear ratio yr tuner used for the fd2 manual? Is it the value u stated?
Sorry, i'm not exactly familiar with it, just trying to help.
The gear ratios should be 1st = 2.651, 2nd = 1.516, 3rd = 1.081, 4th = 0.772, 5th = 0.566, 6th = 0, Final = 4.562.. Speed adjustment for ECU and dash should be -13%.

I posted this EPS indicator problem before on another thread.

Hondata, what data do you need to resolve this problem? I have a honda diagnostic tool here.

Thanks
skier

Re: FD2 Asia 155hp Automatic Transmission (fault isolated)

Post by skier »

Hi,

I have managed to isolate the fault point. Seem like a bug.

If ur speed adjustment of the panel display is set to 0, the problem never appear. regardless of what gearing you put in the gear table.

the EPS sign only appear if the speed adjustment is set to another value other than 0 for automatic transmission of FD2 and after driving around.
IcEMoCHa

Post by IcEMoCHa »

skier wrote:Hi,

If ur speed adjustment of the panel display is set to 0, the problem never appear. regardless of what gearing you put in the gear table.

the EPS sign only appear if the speed adjustment is set to another value other than 0 for automatic transmission of FD2 and after driving around.
Hey, good to see that you isolated the problem. Seems like a software bug.

Post by 0059 »

bros do you have the stock fd2 throttle map?
IcEMoCHa

Post by IcEMoCHa »

0059 wrote:

bros do you have the stock fd2 throttle map?
Isn't the stock FD2 throttle map same as the RRH tuned?
arsenelupin

Post by arsenelupin »

jbfd2ar wrote:Hi, I drive a FD2 auto transmission (non type R version) 155hp.
I know that flashpro does not officially support this vehicle. but flashpro still be installed and tuned for this vehicle.

everything is fine, except that, once in a while, the power steering wheel light will come on, each time for a few minutes...

another thing is that, cruise control cannot be used for this vehicle.

what can i do about it ?

there is a map for FD2 auto 155hp in flashro manager, but it does not support cruise control as well.

Please help.
Hi jbfd2ar,

I wounder to know which country of the FD 155hp 2.0 you try on?
Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines or Taiwan?
and can I know which model year of the car?

because I'm also interesting for tuning my civic to use Flash Pro.

Looking forward for your reply.

Lupin.
skier

Post by skier »

Sorry mate, I'm using a custom throttle map which i created myself.
IcEMoCHa

Post by IcEMoCHa »

Dear Hondata, based on the feedbacks of the users above can you try to figure out the problem of the EPS indicator?.. I suspect lost of vehicle speed signal to the EPS unit.. Because there are no symptoms of when or where it will happen, it only happens when car is moving..

Can you cross check your program source with other cars for errors or why this only happens to this car and not other cars?

Could you let me know how can I help to locate the problem using Honda HDS or other tools?..

Also, is it normal to have 2 DTC every time I upload a calibration with Flashpro when checking DTC on Honda HDS? The DTC are lost signal to gauges and lost signal from ECM or something..

Thanks
IcEMoCHa

Post by IcEMoCHa »

I have uploaded a video of the data list from the HDS. From the video, the speed signal is lost and caused the EPS indicator to pop up..

You can see from the starting of the video, the speed signal is staying at 0km/h until sometime later it recovers. Then further into the video, the speed signal is 0km/h again and it triggered the EPS warning indicator.. Look at the engine speed to know when the car is moving..

Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_geEgnDxIU4

Hope Hondata can solve this problem..
IcEMoCHa

Post by IcEMoCHa »

Tested settings:

Speed adjustment(ECU) : 0%
Speed adjustment(dash): -13%

EPS Warning indicator still turn on occasionally.