Upload successful, but changes not stored to ECU

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
impc

Upload successful, but changes not stored to ECU

Post by impc »

ECU Serial: 5442
KManager 1.5.1
----
I have been tuning with K-Pro over 4 years now, but this is something new for me.
When tuning fixed cam angles, and uploaded fixed cam angle map to ECU (no errors, upload was successful).
1. Started engine and when throttle was used cam did not remain in fixed position, but was changing with rpm/load changes.
2. Ignition off, restarted KManager, reopened calibration, igniton on, uploaded again.
3. Again cam was not fixed, looks like calibration was not uploaded (even upload process was again successful and lasted ~1 minute).
4. Ignition off, ignition on, Erase ECU (clear security, successful confirmation messagebox, all ok.), Igniton off, ignition on, reupload calibration.
5. Start engine. Still cam was not fixed, looks like calibration was not uploaded.

What kind of issues can cause this kind of problem (visually from kmanager all was successful)? Low/High battery volatage? anything?
Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Upload successful, but changes not stored to ECU

Post by Spunkster »

impc

Post by impc »

K-Pro Serial: 5442
ECU: 37820-PRB-A08
KManager: 1.5.1
Vehicle: Euro Civic Type-R, using PRB ECU with wideband lambda, ECU pins modified as described in http://www.hondata.com/techk20-ctr-o2wiring.html
Car has been previously tuned using KManager 1.3.9 and has been running without any issues.
Three weeks ago rev limit and other small changes were uploaded using KManager 1.5.1 these worked fine.
Same calibration was used as previosly, with low cam angles all set to 0 (zero).
Upload process is successful, but ECU still runs previous cam angle maps.

What can cause this?

It's dangerous to upload something when we can't be sure that changes actually reach ECU, is it possible to implement optional "verify" functionality, to confirm that changes were actually uploaded?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have not provided the calibration or datalogs showing the problem.
impc

Post by impc »

Spunkster wrote:You have not provided the calibration or datalogs showing the problem.
I'm not able to get any datalogs/calibration before at the end of the week :(

Anything, that i can try, next time (in addition to datalogs)?
impc

Post by impc »

I managed to solve this problem.
Things to remember when using KPro:
1. Make sure that battery voltage after ignition is ON, is above 12V.
2. Do not run KManager without closing for long periods (months :) ), it can get confused with changes needed to upload.

Thanks, my problem was solved.