SManager software requests

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
VT-Doo

Re: SManager software requests

Post by VT-Doo »

As with the way "Boost by RPM & Gear" works to reduce/control power I'd like to see a way to do this for a N/A engine. I'd like to reduce power in the lower gears to help reduce wheel spin. I thought about using the Ignition Compensation tables but how will this affect idle and general driving in the lower gears?
Perhaps an ignition limit by gear?

I've not actually had a play with any of these ideas as the car is still getting worked on but I know I will have the problem of controlling the power in lower gears.

Thanks,
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
Mike@CCT

Post by Mike@CCT »

Setting security would be nice.
I cant stand it when people go behind me and mess things up. lol
locash

Post by locash »

I disagree with Mike, and it appears that Hondata does as well. :)

The customer pays for the tune, they own the tune, they can do whatever they want with it. If they screw it up, that's their problem and right to do so. As a tuner, I feel it is completely wrong to lock a tune into a car and not give the customer the calibration if they want it.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

locash wrote:I disagree with Mike, and it appears that Hondata does as well. :)

The customer pays for the tune, they own the tune, they can do whatever they want with it. If they screw it up, that's their problem and right to do so. As a tuner, I feel it is completely wrong to lock a tune into a car and not give the customer the calibration if they want it.
Well said! :)
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)

Post by 1158 »

Would it be possible to tie the solenoid frequency to the low/high boost by gear tables? In other words have 1 frequency for low boost table and different 1 for high boost table?

I have found that for whatever reason the first half hour to hour of driving my car a lower frequency(by about 10-15Hz) works best. After that I need to increase the frequency to achieve the same boost/power levels. I'm using a 44mm Tial gate and I don't know if maybe spring tension is being lost as it heats up. If I use the higher frequency all the time I hit the boost cut and cannot control boost (no matter what I set boost by gear levels at).
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

-Rear Wheel Speed input
-launch control based on rear wheel speed input option

-Boost control based on Rear wheel speed input

-anti lag settings(like the settings for the launch control) for BURNOUT REV LIMITER option
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
articsilber323

Post by articsilber323 »

cloviskilla wrote:
Hondata wrote:
cloviskilla wrote:throttle tip out trim??
Do you mean tip in trim? It is under 'Fuel Trim'.
cloviskilla wrote:adjustable launch control, soft to hard reps...like aem
Under 'Launch Control', change the 'Fuel & Ignition Settings' so that the Activation RPM is just below the launch rpm (try somewhere between 0-100 rpm), and set the ignition timing to -40.
oh so the closer the rpms in the values the softer the reps is????

what are you talking about here how bouncy the launch control is?

i have an all motor car which has a very bouncy launch control
jdragon1974

Post by jdragon1974 »

What would be nice is to have a video with tunning tips, all I have seen is tunning with s200 write ups, i just want to tune my car, so why keep it all to your self, I dont want to take my car and spend tons of money, and if I blow my engine it will be me, not some place that will charge alot of money then they blame you for it. Just a basic video on how to tune would be nice. Like nobody has a base map for ls/vtec...we are Honda lovers help us all out, if I knew how to tune or when I find a way to learn I will make a video. should have a choice like I choose to build my own engine and not pay out the bum ....Come on Honda community ....share the love..lol
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

I'll spoon feed you!!!!
...many wouldn't.

http://www.hondata.com/stech.html
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
articsilber323

Post by articsilber323 »

i would like to see
anti theft feature

full radiator fan control

gear based shift lights

fuel pump control to be able to drain tank

Report this post
aaopilot1

Post by aaopilot1 »

any plans to support sequential paddle shifting ( throttle blipping and ignition cut for clutchless up and down shifting)?
jiggacivic

Post by jiggacivic »

how about allow Smanager to recognise and apply the table settings when you open a calibration,sometimes if i have a NA cal. open and then open a 3 or 4 bar boost cal i have to go in the options menu and select the 3 or 4 bar tables
JKOBD

Post by JKOBD »

Need more analog inputs. I am needing to log fuel pressure, oil pressure, back pressure, compressor pressure and crank case pressure. 2 analog inputs aren't enough.
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com
surfingsk8r

Post by surfingsk8r »

JKOBD wrote:Need more analog inputs. I am needing to log fuel pressure, oil pressure, back pressure, compressor pressure and crank case pressure. 2 analog inputs aren't enough.
While I agree that this would be awesome I dont think that this is going to be a software issue as much as a hardware issue. Because the factory ECU is used there are only so many places that can be used as inputs before there isnt a place to put them on the hardware side of things. However I guess if Hondata wanted to they could come out with an S400 that had bluetooth logging or something of that nature where on the Hondata board it had a bluetooth reciever and could get bluetooth signals from sensors on your engine and then log those in the software because there wouldnt be a wire having to be input to the ECU. Im not sure you could really get that idea to work by having sensors transmit through bluetooth capabilities or not Im just brainstorming, and I suppose if you could it would be rather expensive as well. I would guess if you did spend the money on all that was required to do that you could have probably bought a motec ECU for the same price, but who knows, Im jsut bored at work and felt like adding my 2c to the issue.
Johnny_9

ICAV Duty ACSW=on

Post by Johnny_9 »

Have a 2nd user definable IACV Duty Cyle (Idle rpm) for ACSW=on

The standard hondata delta IACV isn't letting enough air in (for my application - high lift and duration cams) - I have verified this by installing a FICD wired to the ACSW....also test with another ECU A*** P*** F*

Hope Hondata can look into this as soon as possible.....(9th Jan 2012 update)

Found this on the IACV

QUITE - To help prevent this, the ECM monitors most components that could have a significant effect on the base idle. It can then begin making a correction before the idle has a chance to drop. The PCM is programmed to apply a specific package of adjustments to the IAC valve, PW, and ignition timing for each load event signal.

Some of the inputs that are used by the ECM to anticipate a load are:
A/T Gear Position Switch
Air Conditioning Switch
Brake Light Switch
Clutch Switch
Electrical Load Detector (ELD) Sensor
Power Steering Pressure (PSP) Switch

UNQUOTE

All I am asking is to expose the Airconditing Switch package (IACV-PW & Ignition) in Hondata to put on par with A*** P*** F*. :-)
Last edited by Johnny_9 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.