Any love for the Fits?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
thaduke2003

Any love for the Fits?

Post by thaduke2003 »

Hello. Longtime Hondata user, newly bought GE8 2010 Fit Sport. Are there any plans for creating a reflash for these cars? There's not a TON of folks out there modding them beyond the usual (wheels/tires, lowering [awful idea on the junk stock struts, by the way!], etc.), but there has been a fair bit of interest on the forums in a reflash/ECU option. Does Hondata have any plans at the moment for adding any options for these vehicles? Thanks! Mark W.
"Why are you cowering? It's only a drift..."
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Any love for the Fits?

Post by Hondata »

Not at the moment.

Also, our best guess is that a reflash would give 2-4 hp. Would people still want to spend $295?
Hondata
thaduke2003

Post by thaduke2003 »

Hondata wrote:Not at the moment.

Also, our best guess is that a reflash would give 2-4 hp. Would people still want to spend $295?
Since people spent ~$100 on spinning plastic chrome plated hubcaps, I'm sure $295 is doable for 2-4 WHP :) To be honest, I would do it, as long as fuel economy improved slightly, as is usually does, and the power gains were there. I'd also kill for 3-500 extra RPMs at top end- Mark W.
"Why are you cowering? It's only a drift..."
kadamski5140

Post by kadamski5140 »

Hondata wrote:Not at the moment.

Flashpro will be coming out for the crz which is practically going to yield the same gains as the fit. I would definatelly buy the flashpro for the gr8 fit in a heartbeat. I had it for the civic si and it was great.
sarodude

Post by sarodude »

Hondata wrote:Also, our best guess is that a reflash would give 2-4 hp. Would people still want to spend $295?
I can't speak for others, but 3hp for $300 is totally doable - if it was just 3hp. But the reflash opens up possibilities and to think that it ONLY cost $300 for that is really awesome. Seriously, I'd call Hondata up right now for that.

I'm sure Hondata is filled with smart folks who know this market as well as Honda they know ECUs. I still find it tough to stomach that the dev costs won't justify the apparently limited base of potential customers.

This can't be a new idea: isn't there some way to partner with the aftermarket so that they can display a little marque indicating that a Hondata map is available for a particular combination of their parts? If someone makes in intake & exhaust, I'd imagine it'd be nice to say that an out of the box map exists for that combo.
loders

Post by loders »

I have the original #4 reflash for my 2002 RSX-s and I really love it. I added a 2012 Fit sport to my stable and would love to have a reflash for it as well. HP isn't the only benefit. As was mentioned before, a good side effect to the HP gains was the modest increase in fuel economy and how well it works with other mods. In my opinion, $295 would be the best bang for the buck. I'm hoping the Fit does get some serious consideration for ECU reflash or Flash Pro.
redexcalibur

Post by redexcalibur »

Yes I also waiting for the ecu reflash for this L15A7 engine. I'm not sure why until now there is still no reflash for this ecu since the engine has been use in various compact Honda model. I'm not sure it is because of the model Civic that why the reflash for ecu on this engine is still unavailable. i think maybe it is marketing reason because if ECU reflash is available maybe a lot of ppl will go for model that use this engine since it definitely cheaper than a Civic.
Ultimately i really hope a reflash for ecu on this engine will be available in the future whether it is just a small amount of increment in the HP bcos if ppl can pay few hundred just for an intake or exhaust why not $295 for a reflash of ecu that gurantee better management and HP increase.
lechaq

Post by lechaq »

Flashpro had just release for Fit GD series for US market..

Is it compatible for Asian GD series or even GE series?

Any idea how longggg we have to wait for Hondata to release the Flashpro for the application for FIT/JAZZ GE8 MT/AT/CVT series L15A7?

THX.