question about hondalogger

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
lsvteccivichb

question about hondalogger

Post by lsvteccivichb »

Ok, i have the hondalogger demo version that came with the hondata unit, and it seems i cant get it to connect. Ive been trying to hours to figure this connection problem out. Ive read through the manual, and also read through the forums about connection problems. When i try to connect it just sits there, but when i look at ecu info it reads s200
but it's also asking for some unlock code? do i need the unlock code to connect to see my logging? or is it a comp issue?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is your s200 serial number?
lsvteccivichb

Post by lsvteccivichb »

the serial number on the s200 unit?
lsvteccivichb

Post by lsvteccivichb »

s200-1147
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That s200 does not have the datalogging option, and you cannot use the demo software or any software to datalog from it.
kender

Post by kender »

is that the serial number from the bottom of the box? and how can you tell it doesn't have the datalogging option? besides the fact that it asks for the unlock code. I thought all s200 units could datalog just need to fork over the bucks for the unlock code.
DaX

Post by DaX »

kender wrote:is that the serial number from the bottom of the box? and how can you tell it doesn't have the datalogging option? besides the fact that it asks for the unlock code. I thought all s200 units could datalog just need to fork over the bucks for the unlock code.
Yes, this is the serial number from the bottom of the box. Spunkster works for Hondata...that's how he can tell it doesn't have datalogging. All S200 units are capable of datalogging, but you WILL need to purchase the unlock code first.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you wish to purchase the datalogging option from any of the Hondata dealers, it is a $200 upgrade.
kender

Post by kender »

just waiting for the ups claim check to come in and the hondalogger and rom editor will be mine. :D