calibrating AFR aem ugeo wideband gauge with smangaer

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
greencivic_0789

calibrating AFR aem ugeo wideband gauge with smangaer

Post by greencivic_0789 »

I have jdm p72 ecu with v1 s300 installed. The problem im dealing with is that my ecu only will read as rich as 12:0, it wont let me read richer. I have my white wire (0-5v) from my gauge to pin d10 ELD i already gotta go -0.43 on the voltage offset to get it to calibrate under 12:0. Smanger reads as lean as 19:0 though. What is wrong with my setup. And i have another question when im setting my timing what idle rpm should i be at 16 degrees at 750rpm right? i need some info thanks hondata members!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: calibrating AFR aem ugeo wideband gauge with smangaer

Post by Spunkster »

Have you removed the resistors as it the instructions recommend?

http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/wi ... deband+eld
greencivic_0789

Spunkster wrote:Have you removed the resistors as it the instructions recommend?

http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/wi ... deband+eld

i got a jdm p72 tho. i thought that was only on us versions.? the ecu is super small but i will rip it apart and look.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

I have tons of issues setting up aem crap to any honda ecu. put the aem in pin d14 (stock 02) and ground your wideband to the thermostat ground and it should fix your issue. i run other widebands on D10 but i put aem on D14. works for me and never have issues after.
EFI-101 & Advanced Certified*
greencivic_0789

FreshDA9 wrote:I have tons of issues setting up aem crap to any honda ecu. put the aem in pin d14 (stock 02) and ground your wideband to the thermostat ground and it should fix your issue. i run other widebands on D10 but i put aem on D14. works for me and never have issues after.
if i switch to d14 from d10 do i have to put resistors inbetween or can i just hook it right up? my aem is already grounded to thermostat housing.
Mihales

Post by Mihales »

greencivic_0789 wrote:
FreshDA9 wrote:I have tons of issues setting up aem crap to any honda ecu. put the aem in pin d14 (stock 02) and ground your wideband to the thermostat ground and it should fix your issue. i run other widebands on D10 but i put aem on D14. works for me and never have issues after.
if i switch to d14 from d10 do i have to put resistors inbetween or can i just hook it right up? my aem is already grounded to thermostat housing.

i also use my p72+s300 with lc-1 connected to the d14 and have 0 problems.it`s way simplier to connect imho.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

greencivic_0789 wrote:
I dont understand what your asking. If your reffering to what Spunk said
(D10) is used then remove R136 and R138 on US ecu's
i hook the 0-5v output wire to which pin (in this case i use D14 for AEM), give the gauge a dedicated 12v+, and ground to thermostat housing. check your readings and slightly change offsets to match. if you have a ton of offset change then there is some wiring issue.
greencivic_0789

FreshDA9 wrote:
greencivic_0789 wrote:
I dont understand what your asking. If your reffering to what Spunk said
(D10) is used then remove R136 and R138 on US ecu's
i hook the 0-5v output wire to which pin (in this case i use D14 for AEM), give the gauge a dedicated 12v+, and ground to thermostat housing. check your readings and slightly change offsets to match. if you have a ton of offset change then there is some wiring issue.
But what i dont understand is why cant i connect to d10? i have a jdm ecu, i took it apart and didnt see r136 or r138. so why cant i log richer than 12:0 afr? i would like to still use my closed loop function. i have the white 0-5v wire hooked to d10 eld, and black wire to thermostat, and red wire to 12v on fuse panel. I can log no problem from 20-12 but thats it, which is okay for n/a but once i go turbo i need to log richer.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

I never have success with AEM widebands and D10. I put my plx and innovate widebands on D10 and never have issues but if i hook up AEM to D10 i always have issues. you can try another input and see if that helps. I have never used a jdm ecu so no help there.
greencivic_0789

FreshDA9 wrote:I never have success with AEM widebands and D10. I put my plx and innovate widebands on D10 and never have issues but if i hook up AEM to D10 i always have issues. you can try another input and see if that helps. I have never used a jdm ecu so no help there.
dang its nice using the closed loop function. thats why i dont wanna go to d14. what can you do with b6?
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

not sure i never used B6. you could always depin D14 and repin it when your done.
greencivic_0789

you speak true words!! very good idea. but still would be nice if i could use ELD. thanks for the help guys!