K20A ITR datalog

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Knox

K20A ITR datalog

Post by Knox »

Hello, I'm new on kpro tuning and i did a datalog can anyone check it for me ?
My car's mods are:
Stock jdm k20a engine
Toda header
Fujitsubo rm-01a cat back
injen cai
rbc intake manifold

and also i want to ask why the ecu gives command for ignition 33 degrees and ecu use only 32 degrees? calibration added also.
Attachments
k20a-itr last.kal
this is my calibration
(150.18 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
3 wot.kdl
3 gear full throttle
(55.43 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
Knox

Re: K20A ITR datalog

Post by Knox »

And also i tuned the afr 12.8. What you think guys for this afr. What is the best afr for power on k20 engines ?
Knox

Post by Knox »

Hondata any help/advise please..
Knox

Post by Knox »

when i make datalog, on the display screen it show that there is 33 degree ignition at the same time on sensors and graph screen it show that there is 32 degree of ignition. Which one is correct ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IT is interpolating between cells and it is displaying a whole number rounded from 32.5 which is 33.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Ok one last question. In ignition high cam table i enter 33 degree ignition but ecu uses 32 degree if i increase the timing to 34 degree its been 33 degree usually but sometimes it does not change i mean it does not advance the ignition. I did not use stock knock logic so is there any other thing that do not allow the ecu to advance the ignition timing ?
Knox

Post by Knox »

Dear spunkster,

I changed whole ignition tables at 8th 9th and 10th columns (i attached the calibration file). On hondata help file or an other hondata document i read that i shouldn't use the same timging for all rev range and i should add/decrease timing at whole rev range but with different timings at differen rpms. What should i make ? What you advise ? Upload the k20itr calibration and start tyning from begining?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you are unsure of what to change or how to tune, then it may be better for you to take it to a tuner that can properly tune this. You could severely damage your engine if you do not know what you are doing.
Knox

Post by Knox »

I enabled the "flash mil when knock detected" and increased the ignition when i see the knock i retarded the ignition 2 degrees, when i compare with the k20itr calibration there is 2 more degree of igniton and i think that i could go with that ignition without knock because of 100 octane fuel. Please check my calibration and if you see anything wrong let me know. By the way kpro is a super system and hondata's support is perfect.

Thank you for your helps.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should only adjust ignition timing with a dyno to see if it is even helping or just making it get closer to the knock threshold.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Can you explain knock threshold because i try to find some topic but i couldn't.
If knock level Reach to 5v is it means that engine knocking ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Knox

Post by Knox »

thanks for the link, i read it and i got some points but this is for stock knock logic option. i want to learn if knock threshold is 3.5v it means that engine is near to knocking ? and if knock threshold is 5v is it means that engine knocking (i mean knock count starts to count knock like 1 2 3 4 something) ?
This is the most important thing for me because if it is like my understandings i will tune my car with lowest knock threshold possible.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When knock level excedes the knock threshhold it ads to the knock count. There is no exposed table to edit or view for this. If you want to be able to adjust for a engine that is not stock then you will need to enable the stock knock logic and make adjustments to how it detects knock.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Spunkster wrote:When knock level excedes the knock threshhold it ads to the knock count. There is no exposed table to edit or view for this. If you want to be able to adjust for a engine that is not stock then you will need to enable the stock knock logic and make adjustments to how it detects knock.
I thought that if i tune the engine by considering the knock count is enough. Anyway thank you for support.