Hondata boost control solenoid

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
igor_

Hondata boost control solenoid

Post by igor_ »

I was solder my boost control together with ecu pin and wired the diode betwheen the to cables like the circuit diagram says. When i was ready i was planning to messure betwheen the cables to se that my shrink tubing hade done its job not shorten out the cables.
To my suprice there was signal betwheen the to lines, i didnt think of messuring betwheen the lines before i wired the diode in place.

So my question is should the to cables from the solenoid have contact with each other when the diod is wired in betwheen the cables like the circuit diagram in the helpfile and the solenoid not attached to any power source?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata boost control solenoid

Post by Hondata »

What system is this from (KPro, S300, FlashPro), and what diagram did you follow.

When you say signal, are you measuring the resistance between pins? A solenoid coil will have 40 - 200 ohms resistance, but any less and I would check that the diode is soldered in the right way around.
Hondata
igor_

Post by igor_ »

hey. its the flashpro system, i got 25,6 ohm. and i was following this: http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/in ... lation.htm

Im sure i have the diod in the right direktion, is it possible i have recevied wrong diod?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With a FlashPRo you should not have to install any diode as the ECU is not serviceable and components cannot be added inside of it. If you have wired a diode with the solenoid, remove the diode completely.