Does Anybody Think this Tune is complete? Fuel table pics.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
WaZe_One87

Does Anybody Think this Tune is complete? Fuel table pics.

Post by WaZe_One87 »

I payed $300 for this dyno tune. Runs off the wastegate Spring thats 5.5psi since i was in the process of getting the boost control solenoid. (diffuculties with that, but i wont mention here)
INFO
Fully Built B16a2 (stock redline 8200rpm)
Fully Built B16 Head, 3angle job, BC Stg2 Turbo Cams (fully capable of revving into 9k+)
RC750cc injectors, Walbro 255lbp Fuel Pump in tank, AEM fuel rail with B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator at 53psi

My question is. . if this is a completed tune, why does my HP drop at 6k ish, why do my high fuel tables reflect that they stopped tuning at 6k if my stock redline is 8200, and i have it fully built to rev higher, with plenty of room for injectors. 5.5psi stays constant as i drive into the high range. But obvious loss of power. (i.e. i dont think they even finished the tune)

PICS, labled and unedited in any way since the tune

Fuel Table Low 3D view
Fuel Table High 3D view
Fuel Table Low 2D view
Fuel Table High 2D view
Injector Duty Cycle Low Table
Injector Duty Cycle High Table

Dyno on Wastegate Spring 5.5psi using E85. Fully Built Sleeved B16 10:1 compression
B16a2 Darton MID sleeves,JE Pistons 10:1,Eagle Rods,ACL Race bearings,Fully Ballanced
Built Head,3 angle valve Job,Supertech Dual ValveSprings/Ti Retainers,Brian Crower Stg2 Turbo Cams
Competition Clutch Super Single clutch
EMUSA T3/T04E .50ar/.63ar Turbo
sdobart

Re: Does Anybody Think this Tune is complete? Fuel table pic

Post by sdobart »

You should post your ignition tables.
diSTiNCt

Post by diSTiNCt »

^ x2.

Just an opinion and take it for what it worth but the powerband does not look very smooth and may indicate that the tune wasn't done in much time.
WaZe_One87

Post by WaZe_One87 »

sdobart wrote:You should post your ignition tables.
attached is the calibration so you can take a look if you want
diSTiNCt wrote:^ x2.

Just an opinion and take it for what it worth but the powerband does not look very smooth and may indicate that the tune wasn't done in much time.
no i completely agree. Another reason for my disbelief that this tune is "complete". And this tune made LESS power then my first tune on 85unleaded pump gas. Same turbo set up, stock injectors maxed, stock cams, stock engine, stock everything except the exhaust and fuel pump. Now im fully built and make LESS power. . . yeah that sounds about right to me. . $300 well spent. . and being jobless, i've been on this oh so amazing tune for half a year. I also have interesting evidence that can nearly prove i've been had. I have a picture that in the background you can see the dyno screen of the THIRD pull done, and a part broke so no pulls were done till i got the part (also have in car video of this event), and i wasnt present for the "completion" of the tune . . . wouldnt you know it, the graph looks nearly identical as the "completed" graph i was given the next day after they supposedly finnished the tune. hmmmm...
Attachments
E85 basetune 5psi.skl
titled as i feel the calibration is. . a bone stock base tune that runs on 5 psi.
(47.68 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
B16a2 Darton MID sleeves,JE Pistons 10:1,Eagle Rods,ACL Race bearings,Fully Ballanced
Built Head,3 angle valve Job,Supertech Dual ValveSprings/Ti Retainers,Brian Crower Stg2 Turbo Cams
WaZe_One87

Post by WaZe_One87 »

just cause i mentioned it. . i did a quick edit of the pic to show what i see. .
yup
yup
evidence.jpg (293.49 KiB) Viewed 5205 times
nayr_one

Post by nayr_one »

Pm me I have some insight on this I have dealt with this before I'm also in CO
sicones

Post by sicones »

You should be making over 200whp even on 5lbs, unless its some really tiny turbo. I've tuned naturally aspirated b series with low compression to over 180 whp. These were motors built for turbo with no turbo. Your powerband should keep climbing all the way to redline, something doesn't add up.
WaZe_One87

Post by WaZe_One87 »

sicones wrote:You should be making over 200whp even on 5lbs, unless its some really tiny turbo. I've tuned naturally aspirated b series with low compression to over 180 whp. These were motors built for turbo with no turbo. Your powerband should keep climbing all the way to redline, something doesn't add up.
oh yeah agreed. I was making 200whp on the same set up on cheapo 85unleaded pump gas and stock everything maxing out the stock injectors. now i get retuned FULLY BUILT and make only 20 hp above stock and. . riiiiiight lol. And the turbo isnt tiny by any means, granted its not anything too special either. its an EMUSA T3/T04E .50ar/.63ar Turbo. Plenty good enough to have fun on 5.5psi. . not to mention that i had the 8 and 10psi springs WITH me that they refused to put in. . or let me put in. . ya such a great tuning company. Also the part that broke was the top radiator water outlet to the engine. That they charged me $23. . . to undo two 8mm bolts pull of the broken, put on the new one i supplied them with a little hondabond and the same two bolts. . a 2min job. . that i could have done easily. . with the tool kit i keep in the trunk. . yeah. . Granted i didnt get what i was expecting on tune day cause i refused to pay the $300 they wanted to add the boost control components to the s300 ecu and install the hondata boost solenoid. . plus the $100 for the solenoid itself. (that i was ok with). And i refused the $80 boost controller they wanted to sell me because i wanted the solenoid. So i said give me a re tune for the $150 from the tune they gave me to pass emmissions (as i got that tune fresh out of the build, needed to break it in and pass emmisions. nothing was changed on the car since that tune so their policy stated it qualified as a retune but they refused that).. . well here. . read my first post about this, specifically my second post on the thread. it explains the entire situation with this tuning company and this tune. Also their reasoning for not allowing the $150 retune is because it wasnt actually "tuned for power" it was tuned for good emmisions and breaking in the engine. . also the cat was removed (by them. . shhh) for the new tune.

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14375