Android/iPhone APP

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
fryguy190

Re: Android Application

Post by fryguy190 »

megasquirt has a deal like that they convert the usb on the ecu to bluetooth and connect you android or iphone to datalog via bluetooth. its pretty cool
mathew.mickle

Re: Android/iPhone APP

Post by mathew.mickle »

that would be awesome if they did it. would help alot with working out minor issues that i have had with my setup.
My build thread
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=835907
balbowskie187

Post by balbowskie187 »

Definitely app please, andriod!
Luke

Post by Luke »

i just found out, that this isn't that simple, as we might want.

it isn't just programming an application with a bunch of simple commands (even if we just wanted to change launch control or do some datalogging), the other thing is:

will the S300 (or KPro) be recognized? and how? and what if not? then there has to be added some kind of driver to the kernel.

this is, where the magic begins: rooted android is needed, some user-skills would be necessary. indeed at first I thought is would be a simple thing do add, but it seems, that it isn't.

another possibility would be: USB to Bluetooth. (or bluetooth directly on the board: S300 V3 ^^ ) maybe that would be easier.

but here is another question: is the communication possible (serial to usb and then back to bluetooth (with serial protocol))

there are a couple of "problems", which seriously could be managed, with some help by Hondata and the community.

best regards Lukas
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

Bluetooth on the board, yes an excellent idea, why not wireless immediately?
If u want weird behaviour or misfires because of the interference on the board, you must do that indeed, brilliant!
Luke

Post by Luke »

Nazul, is it possible, that you don't have any idea of electronics?

Neither of building it, nor what several things do or don't do?

Don't give dumb posts, if you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

Yes for sure so the prohibition of wireless or RF or whatever of electrical devices in airplanes, hospitals, fire departments, are all a load of crap u are 100% right because they dont interfere with other equipment.
Those guys that make the rules (mostly architects), they are all idiots then good point :)

If it interferes with that equipment, dont bother on installing it on your ECU, or do whatever u want lol.
You know the effect of it next to a radio btw?
And for the record, i'm a master in Electronics ICT and what are u?
Maybe this is the exact reason why this is not included on the s300 or kpro, did u think of that? A receiver is one thing, but a transmitter...perhaps if the output is low.
If its all harmless to u, i would suggest making phonecalls with your cellphone for 10 hours a day and see the effect, and thats even below 2,4 GHz
Luke

Post by Luke »

for sure there can be interferences, but this is manageable. you should know that, since you have a master degree. ;)

we have used bluetooth and zigbee in various car application (car to car communication) and it was possible to use that with those wireless technologies.

no one needs here output power of 1W or more. even 100mW or less would be enough to manage a good connection within the car to a computer or smartphone/tablet.

but hardware this is for sure another topic. bluetooth would just be a possible way to transmit data to a mobile device without any wiring.

best regards Lukas (who studied Electrical Engineering in Germany ;) specialization in mobile communication)
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

Yes and did u use it on the ECU itself? Next to the board? Or where was it located?
Luke

Post by Luke »

tested several thing via the OBD2 port, directly at the ECU and in EMC test rooms, without any issues.

fact: the P28/30 ECUs are a couple of years old and in those days there weren't as many electromagnetic devices, but i don't bother too much about that. an external antenna would also fix some possible problems.

if we can manage to make a hole for the USB port, we also should be able to make a hole for the antenna.

but that's another side of possibilities. first of all a USB port thing would be great.

best regards Lukas
onyl18

Hondata Datalogger app for Android

Post by onyl18 »

Hi guys, just bought a S300 unit and I would like to attach a tablet to it and do real-time datalogging.

Would like to know which app is working via USB? All apps I see online are via bluetooth and I am not sure if those will work. I am about try my aLapRecorder this week if it will work via USB.

I plan to have a virtual dashboard for it, something for me to monitor the sensors in real-time and would alert me for a problem.

Thanks in advance! :-)
onyl18

Post by onyl18 »

hi! Is there a breakthrough on this already? I am eager to have one too for my S300.
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

Just buy a netbook, this is not possible yet
rafael_vti

Post by rafael_vti »

onyl18 wrote:hi! Is there a breakthrough on this already? I am eager to have one too for my S300.
For s300v1 and s300v2 you can check SDash - http://sdashapp.com

Regards.
rikitaun

Post by rikitaun »

rafael_vti wrote:
onyl18 wrote:hi! Is there a breakthrough on this already? I am eager to have one too for my S300.
For s300v1 and s300v2 you can check SDash - http://sdashapp.com

Regards.
Hi Rafa ;)

The APP works so fine.