connecting to anlalog harness to ground

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
aceman187443

connecting to anlalog harness to ground

Post by aceman187443 »

What is the correct way to ground the 2 black analog wires? Can i twist them together and use the battery ground or do i need to solder them into a signal ground. It states on installation use the ecu ground plane, but was not sure if it had to be a isolated signal ground or just the noisy ground from battery. im not really sure why the grounds are there i guess, so please inform me what they are there for, and proper connection of them. Thank you in advance!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: connecting to anlalog harness to ground

Post by Spunkster »

These need to be connected to the signal ground coming from the device sending the signal.
aceman187443

Post by aceman187443 »

Ok I'm a little lost. There are only 2 grounds and 7 inputs. A oil pressure gauge for example only has one wire at the sensor so making its ground the battery ground. Now the wideband uses the isolated signal ground. I have a signal ground and battery ground at the ecu harness that I'm goin to tap and solder into. So for all 7 analog inputs to work correctly just tap into battery ground would be correct or the signal. There is only one signal ground in my harness but several regular battery grounds....what is the meaning of "ecu ground plane" i just want to get this right. See what im saying? If i was to connect each analog input to a separate ground from the sensor i would be out of grounds after two
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Some devices (with an analog output) have a single wire for the analog output. In this case, just connect the analog output to the KPro/S300 analog input and hope that the ground loop path is not too long.

Other devices have two wires for the analog output - a signal and return. In this case, connect the signal to the analog input and the return to the analog ground.
Hondata
aceman187443

Post by aceman187443 »

I get what you are saying, but why is there not 7 grounds (one for each channel) then? What if i would (assuming) be hooking up 3 sensors that were all the 2 wire type sensors. Each one used a separate (-). Well there are only two grounds still on the s300 analog harness that are not assigned to any certain channel. There should be a dedicated (-) for each analog channel. Maybe to make this more clear and easy just define."ecu ground plane" for me please?