primary oxygen sensor failures

FlashPro Manager software
all-black

primary oxygen sensor failures

Post by all-black »

was wondering if there is a way to look at the primary sensor voltage not the a/f ratio out of it. this would help for diagnosing o2 sensor failures... it seems very common for the 8th gen civic to have primary a/f ratio sensor failures. wondering if you guys have any other insight into why they fail so often in this platform. have another thought of if we could use an external wideband to have the ecu use for its close loop operation. i have yet to have a bosch wideband fail yet and its right next to the stock sensor, so you would think it would fail also from the running conditions if it were that...
ajpturbopittsburgh

Re: primary oxygen sensor failures

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

I didn't realize that stock O2's failed often.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Two main causes of failure: Vibration when hot (almost all after market headers cause this) and moisture (the mounting angle is important - again, the header design is responsible for this).
Hondata
all-black

Post by all-black »

is there a possibility to making the ecu run off a aftermarket wideband lc-1 or aem uego....i ask this because these sensors are not failing like the stock ones. is there any update coming alone for the si based rrb calibrations for taking care of the rev hang? i know it was talked about that it was going to be a feature added.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

RRB calibration has the same rev hang fix as the race calibrations.
Hondata
all-black

Post by all-black »

again is there any way to log the voltage of the stock sensor
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The stock sensor works off current, not voltage. To calculate the sensor current the ECU measures the voltage drop across a known resistance, so while you can get voltage from the sensor, it is directly related to current and therefore lambda, so there is no real use to looking at the voltage.
Hondata