FlashPro Manager software
Hondata
Site Admin

FlashPro V1.5.6

Post by Hondata »

V1.5.6 (13 June 2013)
  • FlashPro firmware updated to version 57
  • [2012+ Civic Si] Added P0128 Coolant System Malfunction disable
  • [Civic Si] Added light control features for knock control and traction control
  • [07 TSX] Added injector flow for fuel economy parameter
  • [07-08 TL] Fixed launch limit
  • [07-08 TL] Fixed datalogging from FlashPro
  • [09-10 TSX] Made load and rpm indices editable
  • [Civic R18] Added P050A,B cold start idle error disable
V1.5.5 (15 May 2013)
  • Fixed 2013 Civic Si fuel table
V1.5.4 (14 May 2013)
  • Fixed loading of 2013 Civic Si calibratrions
V1.5.3 (10 May 2013)
  • FlashPro firmware updated to version 55
  • Support added for 2013 Civic Si ECU RX0-A130 & RX0-A140
V1.5.2 (9 May 2013)
  • FlashPro firmware updated to version 53
  • Support added for 2013 Civic Si ECU RX0-A130
  • Added a DDE server.
  • [Traction Control] Firmware 7
  • [Traction Control] Fixed vehicle speed determination method not showing correctly after update
  • [Traction Control] Prompt to write unsaved Traction Control configuration changes when application closed.
V1.5.1 (11 April 2013)
  • FlashPro firmware updated to version 52
  • Fixed datalog and program buttons not working
V1.5.0 (9 April 2013)
  • FlashPro firmware updated to version 51
  • Support added for 2013 Civic Si ECU RX0-A130
V1.4.7 (27 March 2013)
  • FlashPro firmware updated to version 50
  • Support added for 2013 Civic Si.
  • Support added for 07-08 TL additional ECU part numbers added.
Hondata
VitViper

Re: FlashPro V1.5.0 (beta)

Post by VitViper »

Few things that suck:

- Having to recreate and copy & paste 2012 Civic Si cals into 2013 Civic Si cals for the '13 Civics. Annoying. Can we get a fix in the software so it just takes the 2012 cal and loads it on the FlashPro? Certainly would make my life easier as I don't have to deal with keeping in track of who has an 06, an 07, an 08, an 09... on the 8th gens. You can see how it may be troublesome.

- Trying to import KIL/fuel/ignition tables (right click->import) into a 2013 Si cal from a 2012 Si cal seems to crash FPM at times, and at other times the crash engine catches it and lets me send the report... I set you guys the crash reports.
w00t692

Post by w00t692 »

Another thing that sucks.

My flashpro no longer responds to any button pressing when hooked to the car.

I cannot:

- datalog
- flash maps, either map 1 OR 2

this is a 2008 civic si.

I can plug it in and it blinks in response to being plugged in as usual, but it just doesn't function anymore...
jessyjames

Post by jessyjames »

Me to i have the same problem but is on civic si 2012

-data log
- flash maps

when i install on the cars the flashpro the light is on but bottom prog and data no reponse

need help i want to put my setup in my cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KillingTime

Flashpro not working

Post by KillingTime »

Hi, I updated my flashpro manager and firmware to the latest beta version earlier on. Now the program and datalog buttons do not work. The update and installation appeared normal and the flashpro itself is responding to the pc and seems to be working, datalogs etc are stil there and the 2 cals show also, and upload/delete as normal

2010 fn2
w00t692

Post by w00t692 »

So a response would be nice to you breaking our ability to use what we purchased from you.
BoostedFG2

Post by BoostedFG2 »

Im having the same issue! I cant upload a cal or datalog ever since this installing this new beta version.

Please fix this asap!!
KillingTime

Post by KillingTime »

same problem here as posted in another thread, VERY frustrating, not a comment so far from hondata, really NOT impressed
jbfd2ar

Post by jbfd2ar »

Same problem here, since updated to 1.5.0
Nothing happen when i press program and datalog button. Cant upload map nor datalog.

Whats going on ?
mw1978

Post by mw1978 »

I got the same problem as above. Datalog button doesnt work!!! I can makes datalogs only via laptop
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Stop panicking, we're looking at the problem now.
Hondata
GSquared

Post by GSquared »

Just a comment on this as a developer of software myself, it seems the term beta has completely lost it's meaning. Being that using beta versions of software makes you a beta tester, you should expect things to break sometimes with the plus side of getting features faster than they are released in an official version. As a developer it seems most users have completely lost this meaning and expect beta software to be 100% usable (which even official release software usually has some sort of problem -- hence bug fix releases).

The most useful comments are those that explain in detail what is going wrong and what could be improved as some users did here instead of some of the "It's not working fix it" comments -- that doesn't help at all, I promise.

Anyways, thanks to Hondata for looking into this and even supplying the general public with beta releases to begin with instead of having closed betas.
w00t692

Post by w00t692 »

Don't need to get much more detailed than "the buttons on the device no longer function"

There's not much more in depth you can go there :D

Luckily i can still flash and datalog with a laptop. Hope they release a fix today though as datalogs through the device itself have many more data points.

Beta wouldn't be too big a deal if you could roll back the flashpro device firmware to a non beta version, but you can't. so if you even attempt to use the beta, and you plug your flashpro in and get updated, you're stuck.
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

GSquared wrote:Just a comment on this as a developer of software myself, it seems the term beta has completely lost it's meaning. Being that using beta versions of software makes you a beta tester, you should expect things to break sometimes with the plus side of getting features faster than they are released in an official version. As a developer it seems most users have completely lost this meaning and expect beta software to be 100% usable (which even official release software usually has some sort of problem -- hence bug fix releases).

The most useful comments are those that explain in detail what is going wrong and what could be improved as some users did here instead of some of the "It's not working fix it" comments -- that doesn't help at all, I promise.

Anyways, thanks to Hondata for looking into this and even supplying the general public with beta releases to begin with instead of having closed betas.
Are you kidding me? 1.45(not beta) is broken for JDM FD2R on my car. It lost power after 3k rpm my and car refused to accelerate any further. 1.47 beta fixed that for me but I am getting insane ignition retard ever since. Now come 1.50 and I am experiencing all these problems mentioned by the others. This is not version 0.0001. This product has been out for so many years and yet the most basic but essential functions can just become broken overnight? Yes, this is a beta indeed but shouldn't the developers perform a certain level of testing before releasing it to the public for further testing? It seems like we are doing all the work for them and we put ourselves at a very high risk of screwing up our engines during the process. Is hondata getting complacent with their products?
KillingTime

Post by KillingTime »

Thanks for the quick response, I checked the time difference and you guys are 8 hours behind me, was concerned initially that I'd knackered something :/