Need help to fix my idle

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
rafael_vti

Need help to fix my idle

Post by rafael_vti »

I have a problem with my current calibration that after an initial engine warm up (couple minutes) the idle can only keep the engine running for really short periods before it stall.

Is there easy steps that I can perform to fix it?

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Setup information
B16A2 engine (N/A)
Skunk2 Pro2 Cams
ID1000 injectors
Running on ethanol (E85)
Attachments
datalog 3.s3d
third stall
(518.02 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
datalog 2.s3d
second stall
(261.91 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
start from cold, stall when hot.s3d
warm up, until first stall
(723.83 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
running callibration_v0.skl
(39.41 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Need help to fix my idle

Post by Spunkster »

You must set the idle as it states in the factory service manual first then you can make minor adjustments in the software.
rafael_vti

Post by rafael_vti »

Spunkster wrote:You must set the idle as it states in the factory service manual first then you can make minor adjustments in the software.
Thanks for your reply Spunkster!

Just to make sure, you mean that I should go thru the process described in the attached pages (extracted from service manual) or the s300 help (http://hondata.com/help/smanager/index. ... espeed.htm) ?

Is there any way to know that my calibration isn't impacting negatively my idle when I perform the above steps?

Thanks for your support! =)
Attachments
page2.png
page2.png (204.72 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
page 1.png
page 1.png (153.05 KiB) Viewed 5759 times
rafael_vti

Post by rafael_vti »

Another thing, I'm using an 68mm OmniPower TB, so I don't have the idle screw, neither FITV.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may have a problem then if there is no way to set the idle propelry.
rafael_vti

Post by rafael_vti »

Spunkster wrote:You may have a problem then if there is no way to set the idle propelry.
I believe that instead of using the idle screw (that does not exist) I will need to use the screw blocking butterfly plate below the cable mount (and adjusting the TPS range after that.

What I'm in doubt is about the calibration and how does it affect my idle while I'm adjusting it (I'm assuming that my idle calibration is not good).
rafael_vti

Post by rafael_vti »

Hello,

I could not set my idle exactly as described at smanager help (I cannot hold an 450 RPM idle without the IACV), but I could set somehow playing with TPS my idle at 900 ~ 1000 RPM and it keep quite stable when the car is running and I stop at traffic light.
I could not set properly the idle right after I turn the car on (does not matter if he is cold or already hot), the idle stay really unstable (low RPM - less than 800 RPM) and stall.
What should I change in my calibration to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Rafael
Attachments
running callibration_v4.2.skl
(39.9 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need an idle controller. It is there specifically for this reason. Without it you will have problems with idle.
rafael_vti

Post by rafael_vti »

Spunkster wrote:You need an idle controller. It is there specifically for this reason. Without it you will have problems with idle.
I do have one (IACV) and I can see it working (when the car is stopped), but it does not work right after starting the car (hot car, park for 5 min, start the car) the idle stay weird for a couple of minutes and then it stabilizes.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Then the problem is with the throttle body not having a way to prperly adjust the bypas air to keep it from stalling.

Try the stock throttle body and see if the problem goes away.
rafael_vti

Post by rafael_vti »

I'll try! Thanks!