HondaLogger w/ Dell Laptops

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
cpforyou

HondaLogger w/ Dell Laptops

Post by cpforyou »

I know that Hondata says that the HondaLogger software does not work with Dell serial ports.

However, so far, I have not encountered a Dell Laptop that didn't work. My work uses nothing but Dell equipment, so any Dell Laptop I see, I will try and test them.

So far, my Dell Latitude D600 works just fine w/ HondaLogger.

It also works fine for me on my work's Dell Inspiron 1150.

Both laptops have Windows XP SP2 loaded.

Lets make a list of what Dell laptops the HondaLogger software works with, and which one it doesn't work with.

WORKS:
Dell Latitude D600

DOESN'T WORK:
(BLANK)

The laptops below don't come w/ serial port but work fine with USB to Serial Adapter.

Dell Inspiron 1100
Dell Inspiron 1150
Last edited by cpforyou on Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaX

Post by DaX »

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1100, but there is no serial port. I'm using the Keyspan USB to serial adapter to datalog with no issues though.
edlocke

Post by edlocke »

Works fine on my C600, C640, and <grin> XPi133ST, (it even worked on my XPi90, but was s-l-o-w)

Ed
batmang

Post by batmang »

i have a dell latitude xpi, intel 133mhz, 32mb ram, windows 95.

can anyone confirm that this laptop works, or does not work?
tboostdsi

dell laptop inspirion 2600

Post by tboostdsi »

Ihave a dell inspiron 2600 and i can only get it to connect to the ecu sometimes. more not than so. Any how, i am running serial to usb. fifo is off. Please help......00 civic si 8lbs jrsc hondata s200 p28 hondata chipped ecu. Do you think i need to get a different brand of the serial to usb. The brand is iogear
DaX

Re: dell laptop inspirion 2600

Post by DaX »

tboostdsi wrote:Ihave a dell inspiron 2600 and i can only get it to connect to the ecu sometimes. more not than so. Any how, i am running serial to usb. fifo is off. Please help......00 civic si 8lbs jrsc hondata s200 p28 hondata chipped ecu. Do you think i need to get a different brand of the serial to usb. The brand is iogear
Yes. PrecisionH23a and I had HORRIBLE connectivity issues with the Iogear USB to serial adapter. The ONLY one I've had luck with is the Keyspan.
tboostdsi

keyspan

Post by tboostdsi »

I was wondering what the part number is on the keyspan serial to usb is. So i purchase the correct one. i also hit ctrl m and is says i dont have dataloging. Even though it came with dataloging, it has connected only sometimes. Thansk for all your help.
DaX

Post by DaX »

I bought my adapter from CompUSA. The manufacturer's part number is:

USA-19HS
tboostdsi

connection compete

Post by tboostdsi »

called hondata, and i had to get a 16 digit number to unlock my boost option and dataloging option. know it connects perfect, i am still using the iogear usb to serial. Only thing wrong know :? is that after 5 min or so, a blue screen comes up and computer restarts.
DaX

Re: connection compete

Post by DaX »

tboostdsi wrote:called hondata, and i had to get a 16 digit number to unlock my boost option and dataloging option. know it connects perfect, i am still using the iogear usb to serial. Only thing wrong know :? is that after 5 min or so, a blue screen comes up and computer restarts.
You are describing exactly what PrecisionH23a and I were experiencing with the iogear adapter. Get the keyspan.
vu337

Post by vu337 »

i have a dell inspiron 1000 and have the keyspan adapter but it seems when i try to enter the unlock code it keeps saying communcation error and we i have it on the serial no. say 0000000
vu mai