Innovate LM-1 compatibility

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
TALONTRAX

Innovate LM-1 compatibility

Post by TALONTRAX »

New to the forums . . .
Have a 2003 d17 Civic vtec bone stock. I have an Innovate LM-1 wideband in the upstream sensor location, with the narrowband sim. wire tied into the stock front o2 ecu input running closed loop. Working fine. Afr`s on the guage steady @ 14.6 - 14.8 consistently. No codes (orig o2 heater still hooked up so no p0135).
Question is . . . Got a PND-AO ecu from a 03 rsx 6 speed (I believe) . . . On the way. When I get the K-pro installed in this ecu, can I use the LM-1 wideband output to run wideband closed loop in the PND KPRO ecu, assuming I can program the LM-1`s output/ hi-lo/switchpoint settings to what that ecu reads in the stock car/application ? I know that obd. needs to be disabled & I will also disable rear o2 function. Just wondering if anyone is running widebands for closed loop . . . also so I don`t have to switch the 2 wires & run the narrowband sim. into the rear o2 input . . .

Thanks . . .
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Innovate LM-1 compatibility

Post by Spunkster »

No, only the OEM wideband sensor from an 02-04 RSX will work with that ECU to run in closed loop. Aftermarket widebands can only be used for datalogging but will not work in closed loop.
TALONTRAX

Post by TALONTRAX »

Ok . . . Thanks for the info. So, to continue to run closed loop, I need to switch the 2 wires & run the LM-1 narrowband sim. output into the rear o2 input . . . correct ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The PND is a 5 speed ECU, not 6 speed.

Is this an engine swap, or are you tuning the D17 with the K-Pro?
TALONTRAX

Post by TALONTRAX »

Thanks . . . wasn`t sure on that. No . . . just tuning the D17. Planning on a turbo installation down the road, & wanted control of the ecu first. Just want to get the car running normally on Hondata for now in closed loop, While still retaining the use of the wideband, Which will help in tuning for the turbo.

Thanks again for the useful info . . . !
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Ok, then I can make a slight adendum to my prior post. If you are tuning useing a PRA based calibration which some of the D17 basemaps use then you can use a simulated narrowband signal into the secondary input to run closed loop.
TALONTRAX

Post by TALONTRAX »

Thanks man . . . that`s what I thought, & that`s what I will do. After some searching, I found this thread . . . Helped shed a great deal of light on this wideband tuning angle -

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5743

I`m used to tuning with Ecmlink on my 2nd gen Dsm. Obviously the honda/acura ecu`s are much more sophisticated. They have the wideband controller built into the ecu, & rely on the raw sensor data, wheras on the dsm, the LM-1 controller converts the raw sensor data into a programmible voltage output, which the dsm ecu used for closed loop operation. Guess I was hoping to do that with the hondata setup . . . No dice !

Thanks again