FlashPro V1.6.3

FlashPro Manager software
all-black

Re: FlashPro V1.6.0

Post by all-black »

I have been running on fpm 1.5.6.0 and have downloaded 1.6.0, fpm will start up and try and update the firmware on the physical fp but freezes everytime it trys. I have re started the computer, also tried re installing the software with no luck....

serial # fp-si-us-10194

also light control is missing from the race calibrations ..... still using the race calibrations due to issues that are still present with rpm hang with the civic si cals
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

9% isn't enough. LOL! The race cals drop to idle % immediately which for me is 3%. That basically acts just like a cable throttle which is exactly what we want. At least I prefer that.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

I recently had to revert back to the race cals because I wouldn't pass emissions for my state inspection with the civic cals. 4 of 7 readiness codes will not set. They pass for current cycle but refuse to ready. No idea why. And in doing so I found out just how much better the car acts with these maps. The Civic maps are just horrible. The ONLY thing the civic cals do better is idle. Other than that the race cals do everything better. I don't understand why you stopped supporting them. They are far superior.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Correction -- the race cals would be far superior if the EVAP worked right and the gas tank didn't collapse. The lack of support on the race cals makes it difficult to use -- they are already lacking features like flash CEL For knock and flash alt light for TC unit activity.

Speaking of which...

@Hondata:

How am I supposed to use a Civic Si cal on my black Si race car... which has no 2nd ECT sensor (so no fan control on the Si cals, pretty awesome huh?), and I can't have it shooting 1000 rpm past the rev limit when I lift the throttle @ 9k rpm to shift. It would be VERY nice to have the 'blink alt' feature for my TC unit on that car. Sure it's a gimmick... but I like my gimmicks. Not to mention that car is my race car... seems suited to use a Race map?
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

VitViper wrote:Correction -- the race cals would be far superior if the EVAP worked right and the gas tank didn't collapse. The lack of support on the race cals makes it difficult to use -- they are already lacking features like flash CEL For knock and flash alt light for TC unit activity.

Speaking of which...

@Hondata:

How am I supposed to use a Civic Si cal on my black Si race car... which has no 2nd ECT sensor (so no fan control on the Si cals, pretty awesome huh?), and I can't have it shooting 1000 rpm past the rev limit when I lift the throttle @ 9k rpm to shift. It would be VERY nice to have the 'blink alt' feature for my TC unit on that car. Sure it's a gimmick... but I like my gimmicks. Not to mention that car is my race car... seems suited to use a Race map?
I haven't really had any gas tank issues with my car. I only get the wandering idle issue. I've had the car in the air with it running and my gas tank never moved. I'm thinking about slicing a chunk out of my gas cap o-ring to allow it to vent and just capping off the EVAP port on the IM because the race maps are far superior in every other way. I don't need flashing lights for knock. Lol. I went 3+ years without it.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

do you have any problem with idle when the AC is on?
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

nunoctr wrote:do you have any problem with idle when the AC is on?
Like what? Major AFR swings?
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

Yes, and idle surge. When I had hybrid cals I had this a lot. The car would go to 600 rpm when I come to a stop. With race cal I still have this but less. Only with the AC on. FP should have some type of compensation table for this.

I also think the hybrid cals are not the real deal yet. You feel that the car is not in is "normal" condition. It's a feeling like some type of piggy back ECU
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

nunoctr wrote:Yes, and idle surge. When I had hybrid cals I had this a lot. The car would go to 600 rpm when I come to a stop. With race cal I still have this but less. Only with the AC on. FP should have some type of compensation table for this.

I also think the hybrid cals are not the real deal yet. You feel that the car is not in is "normal" condition. It's a feeling like some type of piggy back ECU
Sounds like your corresponding fuel cells need fine tuning for when the AC is on. When the AC is on the vacuum changes quite a bit when the compressor is on so changing loads will change fuel demands and if the cells aren't tuned properly the AFR will swing well beyond the 14.7 mark and the trims will not be fast enough causing continuous wandering. At least that is what I've noticed on the USDM Si setups.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

So I disabled the EVAP system and capped off the EVAP port on the IM and left the line to the back of the EVAP purge solenoid open to vent and the car runs AWESOME with a race cal.

Hondata, until the civic hybrid maps are debugged and fine tuned I just can't use them. They're awful! Someone mentioned that it feels like a piggyback and you know what, he's right. It ran like my car did with the eManage Ultimate. LOL!!
speedhacks

Post by speedhacks »

Why does the EVAP need to be plugged on race cal? When I was running on the race calibration for stock tuned it was running just fine. I'm currently tuning an AFM / MAP hybrid map on my car. I don't really understand why Hondata stopped supporting the race calibrations or why there is such a differentiation on the support features between the two. In fact, when I started this, I had no idea the race calibrations were not supported and did not have the features that the 'hybrid' maps had. If I remember correctly you can still select race calibrations within the drop down of 'new calibrations' on this version of software. I can't wrap my head around the necessity of two different 'types' of calibrations.

It seems to me that maybe I don't understand the technologies in place for AFM based tuning vs MAP based. If MAP > AFM, then why would Hondata discontinue developing the race calibrations or disable the AFM all together. I'm not so sure either solution is acceptable for a daily driven car... Of course the box does say for 'Off-Road Use Only.' :-D
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

soxfan143 wrote:So I disabled the EVAP system and capped off the EVAP port on the IM and left the line to the back of the EVAP purge solenoid open to vent and the car runs AWESOME with a race cal.
Some people have emissions they need to pass.
soxfan143 wrote: Hondata, until the civic hybrid maps are debugged and fine tuned I just can't use them. They're awful! Someone mentioned that it feels like a piggyback and you know what, he's right. It ran like my car did with the eManage Ultimate. LOL!!
This is a massive exaggeration. It is nothing like crapmanage and you know it. In fact, I've tuned countless cars on both maps and the Civic Si maps simply run better in every situation but the rev "blip" issue that remains due to the throttle not shutting completely right away.

There are ZERO things superior about the "Race" cals.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

soxfan143 wrote:
nunoctr wrote:Yes, and idle surge. When I had hybrid cals I had this a lot. The car would go to 600 rpm when I come to a stop. With race cal I still have this but less. Only with the AC on. FP should have some type of compensation table for this.

Sounds like your corresponding fuel cells need fine tuning for when the AC is on. When the AC is on the vacuum changes quite a bit when the compressor is on so changing loads will change fuel demands and if the cells aren't tuned properly the AFR will swing well beyond the 14.7 mark and the trims will not be fast enough causing continuous wandering. At least that is what I've noticed on the USDM Si setups.
Nuno also has RC 750cc injectors. I shouldn't have to do much explaining about why that is a problem
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

Yes vit is correct and he told many times to change my rc's but for that I need to make so work on my tts rotrex manifold.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

nunoctr wrote:Yes vit is correct and he told many times to change my rc's but for that I need to make so work on my tts rotrex manifold.
When the a/c cycles the voltage fluctuates momentarily -- all bets are your idle dips are an injector latency issue.