Another Newbie Question

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
batmang

Another Newbie Question

Post by batmang »

ok, so i got my hondata s200 from fedex today.

my p28 ecu is already chipped with a skunk2 program. whats the process to get the chip that came with the hondata unit on the ecu, i know it needs to be soldered, but how do i get a basemap for mysetup?

when it does get tuned, how does the tuned chip that the tuner makes get transfered to my ecu?

do i go to the nearest hondata tuner/dealer, have them put a basemap on the rom i got with my s200, desolder my skunk2 chip and solder the one the dealer put the base map in?

then, what happens when i get the car tuned by the dealer, do they burn me a new chip and then i have to desolder the basemap one and then solder the tuned one in its place?

im sorry for such newbie questions, but.... im brand new to the entire hondata thing. thanks!
batmang

Post by batmang »

anyone?
shinociv

Post by shinociv »

You need to solder in a socket so you can exchange chips without future soldering, you can get a base map from a dealer.

Your ECU needs more done to it to run a Hondata than any other preformance chip. The Hondata blue box needs to be connected to the ECU.
http://www.hondata.com/downloads/s200%2 ... manual.doc
batmang

Post by batmang »

well, the ecu is prechipped, i think all it needs done is the cn2 for the hondata box, cut j12, and have a basemap put on the chip that came with the hondata.

its already got a socket from the previous skunk2 chip. so i just gotta have a basemap put on the chip, swap it in, and solder in the cn2 area for the hondata box, and cut j12... and i should be good.

the other chip is already installed from the previous 'chipping' hehe. i just wasnt sure of the process, thanks!