G Sensor

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
hondahatch

G Sensor

Post by hondahatch »

Hondata/Spunkster

After I try to calbrate the Gsensor per the G100 manual The sensor got very sensitive. In the calibration process, after clicking calibrate I turned the unit (S200 with Gsensor installed) two complete rev and followed the instructions. I aso mounted the unit over rubber cushion on a flat area in the car.
Am I missing something ?
Why the Gsensor is so sensitive ? The red dots plotted becomes so meaningless.
What can do to reduce the sensitivity ?

Thanks

ps: When I first got it, it was ok - factory calibrated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you please post a datalog showing the probelm you are having?
hondahatch

G Sensor Datalog Files

Post by hondahatch »

Spunkster

I have the Hondalogger Data file for Gsensor problem - too sensitive.
Can' t attach. How to post ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you post a reply you have the option to attach files.
hondahatch

Post by hondahatch »

Spunkster

I am set out with the following in this forum:

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

Can please temporary set me up to attach and then remove the option.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Permissions changed.
Hondata
hondahatch

Post by hondahatch »

Hondata

Thank you very much

I attach:
a) mar26-2005-p08-test1.txt ------ Hondalogger Datalog with problem (too sensitive after I calibrated it. Don't know why?)

b) mar24-2005-p08-test2.txt ------ Hondalogger Datalog without problem(factory calibrated by Hondata). torque/Horsepower curve & traction circle G plot are all good.

I rename file extension from .rec to .txt, can't post .rec

Please let me know, what I can do to calibrate it properly.
Attachments
mar26-2005-p08-test1.txt
Gsensor Datalog - problem (too sensitive)
(2.38 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
mar24-2005-p08-test2.txt
G Sensor Datalog - Good (factory calibrated)
(4.31 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but I do not see any g-sensor activity on either one of these datalogs when playing them back. Can you double check the files you uploaded?
hondahatch

Post by hondahatch »

Spunkster

I downloaded the two files that I have attached to previous post. Opened them with Hondalogger version 3.6.1.0 running on Windows 98. USe Microsoft IE 6 reading forum.

Check/confirm OK --- for Hondalogger GRAPH MENU, I can see GForceLat/GforLong plotted for both files. For GFORCE MENU the RED dot moving for both files. For DYNO MENU only mar24-2005-p08-test2.txt has HP/TQ graph plotted.

Let me know, what else I can do, if there still a problem.

Thank you very much
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I reloaded the files several times and finally was able to see some activity on the g-sesnsor.

It looks like the first recording just wasn't calibrated correctly. Also the second callibration looks as though you were driveing a bit more agggresively. Try making shorter datalogs (under 3 minutes). Also try recalibrating the sensor again.
hondahatch

Post by hondahatch »

Spunkster

Thank you for taking your time in helping. I really appreciate this excellent support.

a) The 1st file with low activity is mar24-2005-p08-test02.txt, which you mentioned as first recording. The Gsensor was new -- factory calibrated. I thought it was good because street driving with pull up to 5700 rpm. The recording actually shows Gforce graph oscillation up to +/-0.25 g for Glat/Glong. When I looked at the traction circle, it looks reasonable. When I brake and turn, trailing the brake, I can see the dots traling in a circle. When I accelerate the dots goes vertically positive and brake straight line it goes vertically negative. Very predictable. I attached screen shots file in jpeg format >>>>
scr-shot-gsensor-good1.jpg.
On the HP/Torque ~ RPM graph, I attach >>>>
scr-shot-gsensor-good2.jpg. from the 1st recording.
For up till 5700 rev(before VTEC), it gets up to 119 HP. Very approx, if I pull 9000 rpm with VTEC pass 5750 rev it should easily goes up 163HP at the wheels less etc etc. This is only a B16a stock just running Hondata electronics. Does that may sense ?

b) The problem is that, I went to mess with the calibration and I couldn't get it back when first got it. The datalog recording is mar24-2005-p08-test02.txt, which you mentioned second recording.
I have also attached screen shot >>>>>
scr-shot-gsensor-problem.jpg.
I am actually driving on a street like before but it looks like more aggressive because I think, I couldn't calibrate Gsensor properly. Glat/Glong goes beyond +/- 1.5 g which is not possible. It is not predictable like before. When I brake and accelerate straight line, the dots just go haywire. Red dots trail circle-like was not there like before.
Red dots just go al over the screens. I can see that in the recording.
Hope this make sense ? Did you see that. How come when you play the recording back it seems different from what I see. Please look at the screen shots I attached meanwhile.

I will try to calibrate again, like you said 3 min or so. The rec files will be much smaller. Let be come back to you on that.
If I can get it calibrated like before I will take it to the track and push the guy hard.

Once again, thanks you

ps: I couldn't upload .jpg file. so I winzip the 3 jpg files and rename it to .txt to upload. Please rename to .zip to unzip the 3 screen shots.
Attachments
scr-shots.txt
i) Rename file from .txt to .zip and use winzip to unzip.
ii) 3 screen shots in JPEG format:-
a) scr-shot-gsensor-good1.jpg
b) scr-shot-gsensor-good2.jpg
c) scr-shot-gsensor-problem.jpg
(204.15 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
hondahatch

Post by hondahatch »

Spunkster

I recalibrated a few times following the G100 manual but I still have the Gsensor being too sensitive. Did 2 much shorter recording.
I have attached :

a) Recording for car engine idling and stationary. The red dot in the Gforce traction circle graph is moving alot even though car is stationary

b) Recording for street driving and the dot is really moving around too much.

Hope you can see in the recording.
Attachments
gsensor-problem-stationary.txt
Datalog car idling/stationary
(394.94 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
gsensor-problem-driving.txt
Datalog street driving
(682.26 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you dropped the interface box or g-sensor?
hondahatch

Post by hondahatch »

Spunkster

No I didn't dropped the interface box or gsensor, just fiddled with the calibration utility/function, and it gets very sensitive. Tried many times calibrating, couldn' t get it back like original. During calibration, using the wrist, move the s200 in a circle on a horizontal plane for two complete rev.... I try not to shake it. But, it's difficult.

I bought another GSensor which just arrived, use it on the same interface box. It works great. No self calibration !!
Pls take a look at the datalog, Very predictable plot/graph ... street driving.

Pls let me know, what else I can do ?
Attachments
gsensor-No2-good.txt
2nd G Sensor - Street Driving
Nice graph
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you recalibrated it, did you verify that it went to 1 g on all axis like the instructions said?