I have check engine light and my laptop wont connect to s200

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
misterdude

I have check engine light and my laptop wont connect to s200

Post by misterdude »

I have a check engine light and my laptop wont connect to my s200 anyone in my area have a set up to read my code??? or try to connect atleast to see if its my laptop thats the problem?
I think my s200 took a crap I check my com settings and it all looks good Im so bummed I don't wanna drive it to the tuner with the check engine light on.
misterdude

s200 box

Post by misterdude »

If the s200 box has a problem will it turn on the check engine light?
my engine still runs ok and fuel mxture on the AFM is still good???
the serial number is 2092 on the S200 and Im running the jackson racing obd2a computer serial number 37820
my keyspan serial adapter settings are correct and the adapter test fine, as far as i can tell unless there is something not in the instructions? I even tried a new serial cable.
I have windows XP and I remember when i first used the hondalogger it took a few trys to get it to connect but this time it won't connect at all ive tried probably 30 times. it worked great before.
I tried a snap on scanner and it won't communicate with the obd2a computer either. :cry:
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is the light on your interface box flashing or solid?
misterdude

light on interface box

Post by misterdude »

the light on the S200 interface box is solid. the light on the keyspan just blinks normally.
misterdude

more info

Post by misterdude »

another point i should add to this is the check engine light was not on untill after i tried to connect the hondalogger to the system to check id the tps had a dead spot in it because when at cruise on the freeway at about 75 mph the airfuel guage would go lean and if i moved the throttle slightly it would go back to normal fluctuations so I wanted to watch the tps signal to the computer which is when i tried to use the hondalogger and could not connect. after sevral attempts i tried to connect with the engine running and then the check engine light came on??? i dunno
what happened but it never connected and now i have a worse problem then i started with.
I hope you guys can help me out.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you ar trying to connect, and you go to the Keyspan Serial Assistant (part of the software installed form Keyspan) does it say idle or busy?

What is your serial number on the s200 interface box?
misterdude

keyspan idle or busy?

Post by misterdude »

the keyspan says its at idle while trying to connect I even purchased a new keyspan serial adapter deleted old driver installed new driver and reset the FIFO buffer off and rechecked with a new serial cable also stil no connection. the software just stays on connecting forever.
If you do the testing with the keyspan software it passes and windows claims the device is working properly.
I even tried loading the software in my pc and trying to connect and got the same results.

My S200 serial number is 2092
My obd2a computer serial number is 37820
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IF the keyspan says idke then there is still a problem with geting it installed or setup properly. It should say busy when it is in use and working properly. I would recommend contacting keyspan. Also make sure you have the correct comport sellected in our software that hte Keyspan is actually using.
misterdude

im connected

Post by misterdude »

ok im a dummy I forgot about the com setting in the software, took me a while to find where it is but now im connected.
The weird thing is there is no code for the check engine light, i click on the codes window and its empty?? but in the sensor info section for check engine light says (on) so why hasn't it set a code if the light is on?
It looks like the O2 sensor is bad or maybe its the computer cus its not registering lambda on the dash or the sensors info the O2 voltage stays at 0.00 untill the engine is reved then it will register voltage but its low around 0.92 .
misterdude

where is the company support for your products

Post by misterdude »

So I don't get a reply on any further questions?
my last post discribes further issues with your product and I need your help getting it resolved.
I have already installed my stock ECU to determine the control unit is the faulty part and there is noting wrong with my sensors or connections on the car. please finish helping me get this resolved.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you either don't have a knock sensor or the ECU is not a P72/P30, disable the knock sensor.

Call us about the o2 sensor.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have tried replacing the O2 sensor, you may have either the wrong sensor or the wiring in the car is faulty. IF this still does not resolve the problem, you may have a faulty ecu. You can test this by swapping in a known good ecu.

You never posted about the vehicle or engine or wiring in the vehicle. IF this is an engine swap it is most likely wiring.
misterdude

the ECU is bad

Post by misterdude »

:cry: sucks to pay $450 bucks and only have it last 7 months
Its not a engine swap its just a GSR with JRSC the wiring is all good the sensors are now replaced and still messed up.
Im gonna try getting it fixed from this place that repairs and builds ECU's