Traction Control help for DC2R

Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Traction Control help for DC2R

Post by Hondata »

When you tested the TC input, did you use a voltmeter or SManager? The first datalog you sent shows no input on the ELD into the ECU.

Make sure that you can see the TC unit in the Traction Control window. Re-upload the configuration to the TC unit (load and send using the Configuration -> Apply command) and also the calibration to the ECU.

Then make a SManager datalog showing the problem and send us the datalog plus the calibration plus the TC configuration file. It also would be useful to have a TC datalog as well, but a screen show of the data when you're experiencing the retard would be ok. They all need to be made at the same time after clean uploads as above.
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Hondata wrote:When you tested the TC input, did you use a voltmeter or SManager? The first datalog you sent shows no input on the ELD into the ECU.

Make sure that you can see the TC unit in the Traction Control window. Re-upload the configuration to the TC unit (load and send using the Configuration -> Apply command) and also the calibration to the ECU.

Then make a SManager datalog showing the problem and send us the datalog plus the calibration plus the TC configuration file. It also would be useful to have a TC datalog as well, but a screen show of the data when you're experiencing the retard would be ok. They all need to be made at the same time after clean uploads as above.
Yes I tested the voltage with a voltmetre and got the following readings:
-1V and it reads 1.04v
-2v and it reads 2.05v
-3v and it reads 3.06v
-4v and it reads 4.08v
I CAN see the traction control in the traction control window and it has all the options now that the standalone unit has. Except when i go to file open while in TC i don't see any Calibration maps like i did in the standalone version.
Attached I just make another Datalalog through Smanager with both USB cables connected (S300+T.C unit) showing what happens when the car is at a stand still trying to rev past 2,000rpm. If i disengage the 'Enable Traction Control Input' box the car revs right through as it should.
I cant give you a TC datalog as the car isnt really drivable as it wont rev past 2k without hitting rev limit/retard.
Attachments
DC2R CALIBRATION.skl
(41.48 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
TC 09052014.tcc
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
SMANAGER 09052014.s3d
(516.86 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You need to test the voltages by looking at the ELD voltage in SManager datalogging.
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Hondata wrote:You need to test the voltages by looking at the ELD voltage in SManager datalogging.
Just did that and the ELD voltage test through Smanager and the voltage did not react it stayed at 2.46v so i found another spare P28 chipped ECU and swapped the S300 chip and guess what??!?!?! The ELD voltage worked perfectly and changed to the voltage i selected.
Now the car revs out as it should without the retarding at 2-3k rpm.
Now ill be off for some testing, many thanks for all your help and patience.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, good to hear. Glad that the firmware issue did not require you shipping the TC back to us.
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Hondata wrote:Ok, good to hear. Glad that the firmware issue did not require you shipping the TC back to us.
Ok, i just got back from testing the TC while driving in the WET and the tyres spin like crazy, I have tried all settings on the controller and i get no reaction, TC does NOT kick in when wheel spin occurs.
Everything is now connected as it should be, my ELD voltage reads .20v on idle through Smanager and i tested the 'Test Output to ECU' and the all the voltages are the same as whats on Smanager.
The TC unit is not doing anything, what do i need to do?
And is there a easier way i can test the unit instead of taking it on the street burning rubber?
I have uploaded Dataloging file below while the car was wheel spinning freely.
Attachments
SMANAGER DATALOG.s3d
(283.3 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have not uploaded your calibration or the traction control calibration file used.
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Spunkster wrote:You have not uploaded your calibration or the traction control calibration file used.
My calibrations are the exact same as on the 1st page of this thread.
I also datalogged the TC unit when wheelspin occured but i cannot upload it on here it wont allow me as its a exported file.
Attachments
TC.png
TC.png (76.01 KiB) Viewed 10962 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That calibration does not have Traction control enabled. That would be why nothing is happening.

Also with the traction control unit plugged into the USB, load the calibration and make sure that the Test tab does not have anything checked. You can also use the test tab to test the outputs and see the resulting changes in the datalogs without even moving. If you use the test tab make sure that when you are done you uncheck everything.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Also the TC settings must be odd. There wheel speeds are all about the same, but it is showing -70% slip. At a steady speed check that the slip is close to 0%
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Spunkster wrote:That calibration does not have Traction control enabled. That would be why nothing is happening.

Also with the traction control unit plugged into the USB, load the calibration and make sure that the Test tab does not have anything checked. You can also use the test tab to test the outputs and see the resulting changes in the datalogs without even moving. If you use the test tab make sure that when you are done you uncheck everything.
Ok I have tested the other output -'Test output to ECU (percentage over slip)' and everything worked fine the engine retarded more as the percentage got higher and in S Manager (Parameters) I altered the Min RPM value and the engine retarded on whichever RPM i selected, so i guess that all works.
After all the testing I unchecked all testing tabs left everything to '0' and went for a drive. I first dumped the clutch and it wheel spun like crazy then i took off hard and it wheel spun again. I did NOT feel any TC come on at all, I have attached a new Calibration, TC Calibration and a Datalog.
What next?
Attachments
23052014 DATALOG.s3d
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 254 times
TC23052014.tcc
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
CAL23052014.skl
(41.74 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Your slip is mainly negative. It should be around 0. There is no point doing anything further before the slip reads correctly.
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

I think i now have TC working as it should.
Attached is the another DATALOG have a look at tell me if all looks ok please.
Attachments
25052014DATALOG.s3d
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, the slip is now around 0%.

I see that you have some traction control rev limiter operation. We've found that it works better with a lot of ignition retard, and then the rev limiter when you get a lot of slip.
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Hondata wrote:Yes, the slip is now around 0%.

I see that you have some traction control rev limiter operation. We've found that it works better with a lot of ignition retard, and then the rev limiter when you get a lot of slip.
What do you suggest? are you able to alter my calibration attached below please with what you would think works best:
Attachments
CAL25052014.skl
(41.74 KiB) Downloaded 260 times