Bluetooth rarely is seen by Android phone & Windows Tab

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
daverx7

Bluetooth rarely is seen by Android phone & Windows Tab

Post by daverx7 »

For the first time today, I was able to get my Android phone to see the Flashpro. I didn't make any changes and just on a random chance before going to an autocross, I thought I would try again today. Once it was found, I quickly paired it and it connected perfectly. I even got to play around with the Android app... Pretty cool stuff. I needed to turn off the car and do a few tasks. When I came back to the car, I thought I would play with it some more. Since it is a paired device, I am able to see it in the list, but it never showed up where it had a signal strength like my other nearby BT devices (i.e. not broadcasting?). Of course, it failed every time I tried to connect to it.

I am running the latest stable version of Flashpro on my Windows Pro Tablet (v1.8.3) and I changed the name and passcode of the device, so I know all that stuff is working... as once I was able to find the Flashpro, it displayed that name and allowed me to use my set passcode for pairing purposes... And the Android app worked like a champ!

At first, I thought I was just doing something wrong by not being able to find it, but now I know it behaves like the other nearby BT devices, I am beginning to think there is a glitch with my Flashpro.

Any thoughts or trouble shooting steps I need to follow for y'all to help me with my issue?

Thanks,

-Dave
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth rarely is seen by Android phone & Windows Tab

Post by Hondata »

I can't tell from the post - does it work or not work from Android, and the same for the tablet?

The only comment I can make is that you don't need to pair to it, and under windows you have to try (and fail) to connect three times in a row before it asks you for the PIN code.
Hondata
daverx7

Post by daverx7 »

The only way I can get the Flashpro to work consistently is direct USB. It is the Bluetooth connection that I am having problems. The problem is 90+% of the time my android phone and windows tab cannot even find it broadcasting to pair up.

For some fluke reason, it finally broacasted and I was able to get it to pair and work with my Android phone. I even got to experiment with the Android app and it worked. But, I eventually needed to leave the car. When I came back, the flashpro stopped broadcasting (again) and even with my Android phone being paired with the Flashpro, it would not connect when I selected that BT device from the list... In that list, my phone shows the BT devices broadcasting and it's signal strength, and the Flashpro does not show a signal.

Net/net.... when it broadcasts, my devices can find, pair, and connect to it. It just doesn't do it, but on rare occasions.

Thanks!

-Dave
pepperdanky

Post by pepperdanky »

I remember someone having trouble connecting to their bluetooth FP and the problem turned out to be they were trying to connect using the OS paring instead of using the FP mobile application.

edit: that was for an iPhone, may not be applicable to your situation
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You're going to have to give a few more details - what software version and serial number do you have?

The BT radio is switched on the whole time that the 'Bluetooth Enabled' is checked. The way BT works is that radios can take up to 30 seconds to find each other.

When you say "selected that BT device from the list" and indicate that other devices are shown in the list, how are you trying to connect? Are you pairing the android phone to the FlashPro or connecting from Hondata mobile?
Hondata
daverx7

Post by daverx7 »

I am running the latest stable version of Flashpro manager on my Windows Pro tablet (v1.8.3), and the serial number is the US... #30880.

I did more playing around with this, and learned that when I cannot find it with the Android phone and/or the Windows Pro tablet... that when I unplug the ODBII connector and plug it back... sometimes it will broadcast and it will work. Then sometimes it just stops and I have to unplug and replug it back.

As of connecting from the Android phone, I am tapping the lightening bolt and letting the app look for the devices/Flashpro. To be honest, I'm not even sure what connecting from Hondata mobile is.... I must research that. haha

Thanks,

-Dave
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Update FlashProManager to 1.9.3.

Connecting from the lightening bolt is what I mean about connecting from Hondata Mobile.
Hondata
daverx7

Post by daverx7 »

Hondata wrote:Update FlashProManager to 1.9.3.

Connecting from the lightening bolt is what I mean about connecting from Hondata Mobile.
Ahhh... I'm a very new customer, and I just had the car dyno tuned with v1.8.3. Is there a proper upgrade procedure on making sure all is okay. I believe one of my friends told me that I would need to reflash the tune with the new version of app. Are there any current issues with 1.9.3 beta? I might prefer to forgo the BT feature until we are at a stable state.

Sorry for being a bit green on this subject. :)

-Dave
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There are no issues with the beta (if there are any problems we generally fix them within 24 hours).

Yes, upgrading would require you to re-upload the calibration again.

Your call.
Hondata
daverx7

Post by daverx7 »

Hondata wrote:There are no issues with the beta (if there are any problems we generally fix them within 24 hours).

Yes, upgrading would require you to re-upload the calibration again.

Your call.
I needed to get a retune, so I got him to that with 1.9.3. I'll monitor this report back.

Thanks,

-Dave