Installing 07AT ECU in an 04 MT

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
EdmTSX

Installing 07AT ECU in an 04 MT

Post by EdmTSX »

Hey all,

I just recently purchased a brand new 07 AT ecu and flashpro from a member on tsxclub. I got the ecu installed at my Acura dealership and the flashpro manager reads everything fine and is up to date. When my friend at the dealership tried to immobilize the ecu and register the VIN, it comes up saying that he has to depress the brake and put the car in park. My TSX is manual so I can't exactly do that... How do I get passed this? Am I missing something or did my mechanic friend forget a step?

Thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Installing 07AT ECU in an 04 MT

Post by Hondata »

You need a MT ECU for a MT TSX.
Hondata
780mps3

Post by 780mps3 »

I thought i read somewhere that the new software from Hondata was supposed to be able to support AT ECU's in MT tsx's?
EdmTSX

Post by EdmTSX »

Hondata wrote:You need a MT ECU for a MT TSX.
Thanks for the reply but I think you're wrong.

This is on hondata's website and there are other TSX's out there running an AT ECU on their MT TSX.

- How does this work for the 04-06 TSX?
FlashPro does not work with the 04-06 ECU, so an 07/08 ECU is required. The Honda part numbers are 37820-RBB-A21 for the manual and 37820-RBB-A71 for the automatic. They sell for a little over $600 new. The 07/08 ECU plugs in and mounts where original ECU is located. Hondata provides a wiring adapter for $50 which links the ECU programming pins to the DLC. After the ECU is installed a Honda dealer will need to match the immobilizer to the new ECU.

07-08 MT swap ECUs are hard to find for my 04-06 MT TSX. Can I use an AT ECU?
Yes. FlashPro Manager 1.7.2 or newer allows a MT calibration to be written into an AT ECU.

What AT ECU part number is supported?
37820-RBB-A71

Will the AT ECU work the same as the MT ECU?
No. Reverse lockout does not work in an MT TSX using an AT ECU. This means you will need to be more careful on 4-5 and 5-6 gearshifts as you can inadvertently move the gearshift into the reverse plane.

Can I drive my MT 04-06 TSX with the AT ECU before programming it with the FlashPro?
Yes after the immobilizer has been synchronized. It is not recommended though. There will be error codes as the ECU is looking for an AT transmission. Shifting will not work well as the AT shift logic also affects the drive by wire.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I stand corrected. The AT ECU should work in a MT.
Hondata
kenmaster

Post by kenmaster »

EdmTSX wrote:Hey all,

I just recently purchased a brand new 07 AT ecu and flashpro from a member on tsxclub. I got the ecu installed at my Acura dealership and the flashpro manager reads everything fine and is up to date. When my friend at the dealership tried to immobilize the ecu and register the VIN, it comes up saying that he has to depress the brake and put the car in park. My TSX is manual so I can't exactly do that... How do I get passed this? Am I missing something or did my mechanic friend forget a step?

Thanks!
I got the same problem. Did you ever find out what's the problem was?
ef9b16a1

Post by ef9b16a1 »

hello i cant find a 37820-rbb-a21 for a customer with manual edm cl9 , so i will opt for the a/t a71 and lose the reverse lockout , so i ll then use the tsx flashpro and can adapter cable https://hondata.com/flashpro/flashpro-tsx , i see the above posters there was a problem with immo , did you finally suceeded to finalise the replace ecm (for immo)procedure for an a/t ecu in a manual car? The depress brake pedal and put in park promt that you state above that was needed was overrided e.g by just pressing the brake and having the car in neutral?
I have done the conversion on an M/T ECU , but not an A/T.
thanx