Knock retard issues and P2A00 error code

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
Itsuki

Knock retard issues and P2A00 error code

Post by Itsuki »

Hi, guys.

I'm having some issues with my Euro S2K. I've a top mount turbo setup, with ID1000 injectos, colder spark plugs (9's), and custom piping.

First of all, the car is suffering false knocking on cylinder 2. I reviewed the spark plugs several times, and I didn't see any trace of knocking. Also is always knocking only under low throttle driving. But when I try to go on WOT or in open loop, as the rpms raises, the knock retard appears, and make the ignition values too small so the car starts backfiring. So, only few times when the knock retard don't get high, and the ignition timing is around 12º, the car works fine.

I read that some people are suffering this issue with the cylinder 2, and the only solution I find it's to modify the knock sensitive. Has anybody find any part that makes this false knocks appears? I reviewed the entire car, and I can't find any suspicious vibration (only the noise from the manifold or the turbo would be reasonable. Internals are stock).

And the other issue, the P2A00 error code appeared also. I'm always riding with the car with live tuning. I read that this could make the closed loop more erratic with the short trim corrections. When the car iddles, the O2 sensor is always going up and down like a roller coaster under 13. to 16. AFR In my AEM WB, is not that much variation, but it's also swinging. Can I do anything else that replacing the O2 sensor? Could be the live tuning an issue for closed loop operation?

I've attached a datalog where you can see the false knock, and the error code showing.

Thanks!
Attachments
S2K Turbo-150226-214640.fpdl
(103.32 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Knock retard issues and P2A00 error code

Post by Spunkster »

You need to post your calibration as well
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

Spunkster wrote:You need to post your calibration as well
Here you are!
Attachments
S2K Turbo.fpcal
(8.89 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

List everything that has been done to this engine/ vehicle, do not leave any details out.
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

Spunkster wrote:List everything that has been done to this engine/ vehicle, do not leave any details out.
Sure:

Precision 6262
Skunk2 70mm exhaust
Tial BOV & MV-S (38mm) Wastegate
ID 1000 injectors
9ºs Iridum plugs
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Has the valve cover been off or cams replaced?
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

Spunkster wrote:Has the valve cover been off or cams replaced?
No, the internals are 100% stock.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (279.29 KiB) Viewed 5241 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds more like a mechanical issue of some kind since it is in just one cylinder. Perhaps you need a valve adjustment.
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

I didn't give any feedback because we are waiting to an update with the wastegate. But we did a valve adjustment. So hope in a couple of weeks I can confirm that was the problem.

Thanks!