FlashPro Requests

FlashPro Manager software
Beechx1

Re: FlashPro Requests

Post by Beechx1 »

Please add Flex Fuel capability so I can switch between pump gas and e85 without draining the tank and reprogramming the ECU.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

A few miscellaneous requests:

1) Update the file open / save dialog boxes used for Datalogs to be the same as the dialog boxes used for calibrations.
2) Fix the bug that causes FlashPro Manager to crash if opened on a laptop after previously being viewed on a secondary monitor (docking station).
3) Fix the bug that causes FlashPro Manager to crash if the user clicks Cancel when FlashPro Manager asks for a destination directory to auto-save a datalog.
4) Add the ability to "flatten" fuel and ignition maps on iVTEC motors. It would be very helpfull in some stages of the tuning process to eliminate the multidimensional fuel and timing tables, especially if that would make it possible to select more items for Live Tuning. I would bet that I've lost dozens of tuning hours by forgetting to copy table updates to all 5 tabs.
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What Windows version and what FlashProManager version do you see this behavior in?
For #1 both the calibration and datalog dialogs look the same for me (Windows 7).
Problem #2 I am aware of.
For #3 it works ok here - what is the exact process to get FPM to crash?
For #4 I'm not sure what you're asking.
Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

I'm using FPM 1.9.5 with Windows 7.

Issue 1 is with the Datalog Save As dialog box.

Steps for Issue 3:

-Setup dual monitors with Monitor #2 to the LEFT of monitor #1.
-Open FPM in Normal mode (not maximized) on Monitor #2.
-Close ALL of the child windows within FPM.
-Close FPM.
-Switch to single monitor mode.
-Open FPM.
-Error pops up, and FPM doesn't open.

The 4th item is to have a mode that makes the fuel and ignition tables 2 dimensional instead of 3 dimensional, like they are for the S2000. Basically, disable the cam angle tabs, and just use the same table data for all cam angles. This would make it easier to copy the table data to / from external windows without having to worry about the different cam angle tabs. I believe this would simplify certain phases of the tuning process, expecially if it freed up memory for more live tuning options. For example, the S2000 is able to have EVERYTHING enabled for live tuning at the same time.
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I'm using FPM 1.9.5
I don't make software version branches, so any problem & fix would have to be for the latest version.

With #1, what is the exact issue? The only problem I can see with the image you've shown is that calibrations and datalogs are both shown, whereas only the datalogs should be. This has been fixed somewhere between your version and the current version.

The problem for #2 I'm aware of, but would like a description of the problem for #3.

For #4 are you asking for the multiple VTC tables to be disabled? The problem there is that each cam angle does affect the fuel quite a lot, and using one fuel table makes it difficult to obtain consistent fuel mixtures with any sort of transitional event, unless the whole VTC table is totally flat. I think I understand that you want this only when tuning?

Thanks for taking the time to go through this with me.
Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

I wouldn't expect a branch version. I'll update my FPM whenever I see a new fix or feature that I need. I live in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp.

I should have been more clear about issue 1, but it has to do with the "Save As" dialogs for calibrations and datalogs. When you click Save As for a calibration, you get the new style dialog box, but you get the old style dialog box when you click Save As for a datalog. The old style doesn't support "Favorites".

Were you not able to reproduce issue 3 using these steps?
Steps for Issue 3:

-Setup dual monitors with Monitor #2 to the LEFT of monitor #1.
-Open FPM in Normal mode (not maximized) on Monitor #2.
-Close ALL of the child windows within FPM.
-Close FPM.
-Switch to single monitor mode.
-Open FPM.
-Error pops up, and FPM doesn't open.
'06 NFR S2000
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Hondata wrote:
I'm using FPM 1.9.5
For #4 are you asking for the multiple VTC tables to be disabled? The problem there is that each cam angle does affect the fuel quite a lot, and using one fuel table makes it difficult to obtain consistent fuel mixtures with any sort of transitional event, unless the whole VTC table is totally flat. I think I understand that you want this only when tuning?
I agree with you on the transient response. However, for full throttle tuning, I find it much easier to treat the fuel and ignition tables as if there were not multiple tables for various cam angles. The main reason why I do that is because I spend TONS of time comparing various mechanical changes (different expansion chambers, intakes, runner lengths, exhaust cam timing adjustments, etc.), while ONLY concerned about full throttle. Since i often spend a whole day testing incremental mechanical changes, it's very frustrating when I discover that my fuel or ignition tables somehow got out of sync part way through the day (due to copying / pasting table values). One simple fix for this issue might be for FPM to ask the user something like "Would you like to paste these values for all cam angles?" whenever a paste occurs.

Also, while going through all the different hardware setups, it is really difficult to decide which tables I would choose for Live Tuning. I really need to select all of the fuel, ignition, and cam angle tables for Live Tuning, but there isn't enough memory for that. If the fuel and ignition tables could be temporarily flattened to just 1 layer, memory wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem.
'06 NFR S2000
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Just remembered a couple more requests that I don't think I've mentioned before...

It would be helpful if the "Sensor Overlay" view worked on all of the different tables, instead of just the fuel tables. For example, if I'm using the sensor overlay view to deal with knock, I'd like to be able to view those knock counts on the knock control tables.

Also, while using the "Fuel Change" view, it would be VERY nice if the red / green color borders was visible to show what has already been changed. It would also be very nice if I could highlight a group of suggested fuel changes, then click a button like "Apply these suggested fuel changes".
'06 NFR S2000
J.Dre

Post by J.Dre »

I'd like the ability to revert back to previous FlashPro firmware & software.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

What would be the best way to suggest a feature that is too valuable (to you and me) to talk about publicly? I think you'll agree that it's a good one, and I suspect that it might even be easy! :)
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Hondata
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Hondata wrote:support@hondata.com
Thanks... Sent!
'06 NFR S2000
DKDO

Post by DKDO »

Hi,
can we expect 4 port solenoid control for 08+ TSX?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Which TSX - the 2007-2008 or the 2009-2010 ?

The 07-08 already has boost control. The 09-10 ECU does not have the EGR output circuitry which we use for boost control.
Hondata
DKDO

Post by DKDO »

Hondata wrote:Which TSX - the 2007-2008 or the 2009-2010 ?
CU2.
Got it, thank you.