Can you calibrate the TPS/Throttle?

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
Keith

Can you calibrate the TPS/Throttle?

Post by Keith »

When I'm at idle the throttle position is at -3%. In the Hondalogger manual, it states you can calibrate it but that doesn't seem to be the case with v3.6.1.0. How can I calibrate it?

Thanks,

keith
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

At idle it should read .48 volts. To adjust it you must loosen the screws and rotate the TPS and then retighten it. Use Hondalogger to read the TPS voltage...teh car must be running to read the voltage.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Spunkster wrote:At idle it should read .48 volts. To adjust it you must loosen the screws and rotate the TPS and then retighten it. Use Hondalogger to read the TPS voltage...teh car must be running to read the voltage.
At idle it reads 0.31 volts. So I need to remove the TPS sensor on the throttle body and 'rotate' it? Define rotate please.

Thanks Spunkster! :)

Keith
DaX

Post by DaX »

Keith wrote:At idle it reads 0.31 volts. So I need to remove the TPS sensor on the throttle body and 'rotate' it? Define rotate please.

Thanks Spunkster! :)

Keith
The TPS is much like the distributor in its adjustability. There are two screws with snap-off heads [which have already been snapped off] that hold the TPS to the TB. You'll need to dremel slots in these and use a flathead to back them off. Once loose, you can rotate the TPS just like you rotate the distributor. Do so until you have 0.48V @ idle. Check your WOT voltage also. I was having a problem of only getting 88% throttle at WOT.