deatschwerks injectors

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Knox

deatschwerks injectors

Post by Knox »

Hondata or spunkster ,

Deatschwerks injector dead times which you published on smanager 2.4.2.0 and deatschwerks website does not match each other and also deatschwerks sell 420cc-550cc-800cc injector for b-series not but on smanager there is 600cc-800cc-1000cc, I'm confused. Should I use what deatschwerks provided info on their website for their 550cc or I use 600cc deadtimes for 550cc deatschwerks?

Thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: deatschwerks injectors

Post by Hondata »

What injectors do you have? Sometimes similar injectors deal times are almost the same (eg 550 to 600), but sometimes the injector body is different and so the dead times are not the same.
Hondata
Knox

Post by Knox »

22S-01-0550-4 these are the injectors which I have. Deatschwerks website shows this part number sport compact category for acura integra and rated 550cc. But on smanager there is deatschwerks 600cc (closest) and dead times did not match with deatscgwerks website and smanager does not match.

Thanks.

Hondata wrote:What injectors do you have? Sometimes similar injectors deal times are almost the same (eg 5500 to 600), but sometimes the injector body is different and so the dead times are not the same.
Knox

Post by Knox »

also on flashpro manager and deatschwerks website did not match each other. on "civic si race dw600" calibration it shows that at 12v 1190ms but deatschwerks website shows that 750ms.

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fu ... 0-4-detail
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We are aware that our dead times do not match deatschwerks. We measure this on the car. I'm not sure how deatschwerks measures the deadtime. Most injectors larger than stock have deadtimes of 1.1 to 1.3ms @ 12V.
Hondata
DKDO

Post by DKDO »

Hi Hondata,
sorry for bumping that post, but I need your advice.
I'm running DW 21U-01-1300-4 injectors and I saw that you've measured dead times with DW300 fuel pump.
Is there any method I can use to scale your measurements to DW65c pump?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The fuel pump makes no difference to the dead times. The fuel pressure does make a difference. We measure using stock fuel pressure.
Hondata
Knox

Post by Knox »

Hondata wrote:We are aware that our dead times do not match deatschwerks. We measure this on the car. I'm not sure how deatschwerks measures the deadtime. Most injectors larger than stock have deadtimes of 1.1 to 1.3ms @ 12V.

Hi Hondata,

I'm using 800cc deatschwerks injectors on my k24/k20 setup with stock fuel system (returnless). With deatschwerks dead times engine even don't start, with hondata supplied dead times engine start very good and idles very good when engine completely cold, engine starts and idle very good when completely hot (I mean when engine is completely hot, I stop the engine and start it again immediately) but when I drive the car and park it after 4 5 minutes engine start very difficult and rough, I mean engine cranks for 5 seconds and after engine starts and idle is rough for 1-2 seconds and smells fuel, so I decreased cranking fuel up to %35.

So in summary, I have problem only after drive the car and park it for 4-5 minutes. And the problem is too much cranking time and sometimes rough idle for some seconds after engine starts.

What can you advise to me ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you talked to your tuner about this issue?
Knox

Post by Knox »

Spunkster wrote:Have you talked to your tuner about this issue?
I did the tuning, I tuned 50-60 cars so I have some experience. Execpt this issue, I don't have any issue and engine runs strong and makes 280whp. On idle short term trim is -1% and idles very smooth. I have this issue before with my rdx injectors on my k20. Does it related with returnless fuel system or inside the hood temperature because when its completely cold no issue.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to post the calibration and datalog showing this.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Spunkster wrote:You will need to post the calibration and datalog showing this.
Ok, here is the calibration and datalog. You can clearly see that it takes time to engine start. Sometimes little more, sometimes little less time it takes to start depends on how much time car parked. In the calibration injectors cc enter 847cc because of deatschwerks flow test sheet shows that average cc. And also I tried to add and remove 0.03ms to deadtimes but it didn't helped.

Thank you for care.
Attachments
14 late start issue.kdl
(96.06 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
K24 12.5cr.kal
(151.01 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post a datalog of a normal start as well.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Spunkster wrote:Post a datalog of a normal start as well.
This is the datalog for normal start. I start the engine (starts late again) and immediately stop and start again. You can see that how fast engine start normally.
Attachments
15 stop and start again immediately.kdl
(315.15 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The only difference I can see is in the fuel compensation for IAT, since they are different in the datalogs. What fuel are you using?