European ECU 1.8 Flashpro, when?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
curbsideprophet

European ECU 1.8 Flashpro, when?

Post by curbsideprophet »

Hi

Im faling to see how every single civic bar the 1.8 euro civic has been unlocked for use with the FP system. If the engines are identical as seen by using a 1.8 ECU form the USA on a UK car, why has it taken so long for you guys to actually get off your butts and release an update for us across there pond?

The encryption on the US ECU cannot be that different if at all from the UK variant? I haven't seen any real reason to say why it hasn't been done and I'm left scratching my head otherwise. Brand new cars have their ECU's cracked by FP within weeks, yet ten years have gone by and nothing has happened.

When is work actually going to start on code cracking?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: European ECU 1.8 Flashpro, when?

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but this is not something we have plans for as the market is so small that we will not be able to recoup the costs and time devoted to this. No other R18's outside the US are supported.
curbsideprophet

Post by curbsideprophet »

what a cop out answer.

You charge £500 per license for flash pro, there's hundreds of thousands of this model in tha European market and if you get a five percent return on investment that's still a six figure payday . So Essence you're saying you're too lazy to do it, or is it a lack of talent?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Obviously you don't like our answer, but the reality is that we would never recover the investment for making a Euro R18 FlashPro. Your figures are not accurate, and your estimate of sales is many orders of magnitude over.
Hondata