Diferences between Race and AFM calibration

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
tiozes

Diferences between Race and AFM calibration

Post by tiozes »

Hi everyone,

I have a turbo FN2 Civic (I put it two years ago) and I actually use a Race map. Could someone tell me what are the advantages of a Race calibration as compared to an AFM calibration? I know that all new options of Hondata are for AFM calibration instead of the Race one.

On the other hand, could I migrate all parametres from my Race map to an AFM map using the MAP sensor and deleting the AFM one (I don't have the AFM sensor installed)?

Thank you everyone and best regards.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Diferences between Race and AFM calibration

Post by Spunkster »

There is no benefit of a race calibration over a AFM calibration as AFM calibrations can also be switched to tune via MAP.

There is no easy way to convert a race calibration to a AFM, as the fuel values are completely different.
tiozes

Post by tiozes »

AFM

In the AFM map I have deactivated that box.

RACE

The ignition tables and vtc tables can be migrated, right?

The fuel tables could be migrated and modified from cell 10 which is where they vary, right? Since underneath cell 10 would have to work the same.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can import the ignition tables, but the underlying fuel values are different and you will need to retune the fuel when done.
tiozes

Post by tiozes »

And could I import the vtc values? Could I use the fuel values (on the fuel table) that are under 0.2 (which are not inside the red table)?
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Easiest way is to edit the index and enter the required values and import the content of the VE-tables.
tiozes

Post by tiozes »

Some way to import tables automatically? Or does it have to be manually?
tiozes

Post by tiozes »

To work the AFM sensor has to be installed? Or can I remove it and have only the MAP sensor?

With importing the low fuel and high fuel tables from the MAP calibration to the AFM would be enough? Since the injection times would be the same?
typer86

Post by typer86 »

tiozes wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:52 pm To work the AFM sensor has to be installed? Or can I remove it and have only the MAP sensor?

With importing the low fuel and high fuel tables from the MAP calibration to the AFM would be enough? Since the injection times would be the same?
Do you know what are you doing? I am not sure what do you would like to Archive.

Sure you can use different fuel table types...
AFM enabled (untick = AFM will not used) or use speed/density (MAP) fuel tables

And yes, if you would like to work with AFM sensor it has to be installed...
tiozes wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:10 am Some way to import tables automatically? Or does it have to be manually?
Edit it manually and copy & paste the values from race to the new RSP based calibration.
To use the VE tables, you must in the fuel section: AFM enabled (untick = AFM will not used) and activate use speed/density (MAP) fuel tables and set to "0"

The Injector opening times must also copied from your race to the new one.
In the section "Fuel Economy" enter in both your injector size.
tiozes

Post by tiozes »

Hi, I have imported the tables and all the parameters that have left me from my RACE Calibration to the AFM, if I send the maps you could review them to see that it is well done?

and where it puts vtc p vtc i and vtc i in the afm calibration do not appear, do I have to modify something in another section or is it not necessary?

Attachments
RACE a AFM.fpcal
(19.59 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
actual14.8.2017.fpcal
(18.41 KiB) Downloaded 162 times