FlashPro Requests

FlashPro Manager software
seattle

Re: FlashPro Requests

Post by seattle »

Thank you for that info, and please excuse me for not knowing that. I'm a new Flashpro owner, and just got my 16 Civic turbo tuned with it by a local tuner.. is there a video explaining how to save a tune and the stock tune to the flashpro, and also how to select between the two and do the reflashes without the laptop? Any further info would be much appreciated. Thanks much
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/u ... =secondary
seattle wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 am Thank you for that info, and please excuse me for not knowing that. I'm a new Flashpro owner, and just got my 16 Civic turbo tuned with it by a local tuner.. is there a video explaining how to save a tune and the stock tune to the flashpro, and also how to select between the two and do the reflashes without the laptop? Any further info would be much appreciated. Thanks much
seattle

Post by seattle »

Thanks! One more question though, it doesn't really say how to upload the "return to stock" tune to the flashpro....

It only says how to save a tune as a primary or secondary tune, and since the "stock tune" isn't a file, I'm a bit lost on how to do that...
R-12914

Post by R-12914 »

"Return to stock" is only possible with the Flashpro Manager together with a Notebook!
2008 Honda Civic TypeR FN2
Rotrex C30-94 supercharged with relocated IAT
Powered by ASNU 092/FP330E fuel pump & ASNU 090/750cc fuel injectors
------------------------
ECU: 37820-RSP-E02
Flashpro: FP-SI-INT-21153
Software: 3.6.1.0
Firmware: 185
seattle

Post by seattle »

According to Jun43:

I wrote: Ok, I did what you said, and uploaded the "return to stock tune" to my flashpro.

I then went into the menu "Flashpro", and clicked on "Calibrations", and there were no primary or secondary calibrations listed....

So, it looks like it does NOT save a "return to stock" calibration onto the flashpro, and you must use a laptop anytime you want to return the car to stock....

Jun43 replied:
IT DOES SAVE IT to the primary slot. just cause it doesn't show up in the primary slot doesn't mean its not there. What do you think it was uploading to the FlashPro.

I have tested this myself and it goes back to stock. 100% works
bixer

Post by bixer »

it`s possible to implement this target lambda feature (like on kpro4)?

myuser

Post by myuser »

More features ...

Cranking Auto Fine-Tune
Automatic adjust the engine start with the crank tables and used in a similar way as Auto Fuel Tuning.
Working only with coolant temperature low, low rpm, ...
This will monitor engine cranking and allow to adjust tables.

Engine Start Safety
In Misc Options allow to start the engine only with the Brake pedal pressed and with vehicles with
Cruise Control only allow the engine to start with Clutch and/or Brake pedal pressed.

Engine Cool-off
The main idea is to send some signal to the ECU to cool the engine in a fast way.
This is applicable when the vehicle is to be stoped for a long period of hours,
lets say that the driver finish is trackday event and the car is extreme hot and is going to the truck.
Using this function the performance for the engine and fluids will be extended,
by removing unnecessary heat that accumulates in the compartment bay and stress the engine and parts.
The signals could be from a button in FlashPro or a set of triggers, like VSS = 0 and TPedal = 0 and
Break Pedal and Cancel Button from cruise for... lets say 5s.
When the driver enable this function, the Rev Counter could "count" the temperature in a detail manner,
like a progress bar and then shutdown the vehicle.

The trigger, sends to ECU the Radiator fan setting with low values for example 72ºC.
The Low value of temperature to be used is based on the "Water Temperature fuel compensation low" table, where no fuel is added.
Some examples of parts that could be affect by the remaning heat: engine oil, coolant, plastics, hoses, gaskets, battery, ...

Cold Park Feature

This feature presented in Misc. options allows the engine to be turned off while warming up... in lower revs.
For example:
The car is with the low ECT and the engine revs to warm up, the vehicle is going to be driven a few feet's.
(place the vehicle in new position / driveway / garage / ...)
The trigger only be available during the supposed engine enrichment.
The ECU detect the signal/trigger and lower the revs in the engine startup, allowing to move the vehicle and shutdown in lower revs.

In this way the engine is not suddenly turned off also reducing the emissions as the catalytic converter is not at temperature.
A better option would be sending the triggers before moving the vehicle. By doing this the vehicle "enters" in this mode and
the idle tables are changed by a small percentage/value for this to happend.

Graph Detail
Possibility to add a formula with various sensors to be ploted in graph and/or
resuming the selected area/graph with totals
Example:
- The user select a specific time in graph, and some totals could be visible, showing
  • Duration
  • Max and Min values for the sensors
  • Total (Sum) of values
  • Average of values

Uninstall Icon
Place Hondata FlashPro Manager Icon in setup package to appear in add/remove programs.

Low Speed Rev Limiter Option
The main concept is limit rev in a low speed condition.
This is works in the following way:
- The first speed limit to act is the Low Speed Rev Limit (could be Launch rpm (adjustable)), until lets say 6 mph;
- After 6mph a higher RPM limit for wide-open-throttle acceleration is enabled.
This will prevent Over-Revving the engine with clutch depressed in neutral or any gear.

Rev Limits by Fuel
Use Fuel-cutting rev limiters that start to cut fuel or retard ignition timing before the set RPM until it slowly reaches it and remains there.
In this way wear less on engine components and are better for emissions.
This could be a checkbox for Rev Limits... for instance Launch Limit using Soft-Cut and WOT Rev Limit using Hard-Cut.

Keep up the good work...
JS
Last edited by myuser on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruddyrid

Post by ruddyrid »

myuser wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:45 am ...

- The first speed limit to act is the Low Speed Rev Limit (could be Launch rpm (adjustable)), until lets say 6 mph;
This will prevent Over-Revving the engine with clutch pressed in neutral or any gear.

This is already a feature:
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (9).png (59.86 KiB) Viewed 7694 times
/ruddyrid
myuser

Post by myuser »

This will prevent Over-Revving the engine with clutch pressed in neutral or any gear.
This is already a feature:
Correction: "with clutch pressed in neutral or any gear." please read "with clutch depressed in neutral or any gear."
The previous post was corrected, thanks.
The part in any gear is already implemented, and works.

Try it with the car still and in neutral... just tip the accelerator to pass the low speed rev limit and then press the clucth and try again.
Any difference ???
If in both cases the Low Speed Rev Limit acts, then it is a bug in FN2 ... else ... new feature :)

Thanks ruddyrid for the warning ;)
mladjan

Post by mladjan »

Auto blip, please :)
Mrks626@web.de

Post by Mrks626@web.de »

AUTOBLIP!!!

Cheers from Geemany in a freshly built K24 Frank FN2 ✌️
myuser

Post by myuser »

Overlay Datalog
Possibility to analyze multiple datalogs from a track-day by open more files and display in same graph.
It is useful in a track-day to check performance laps and in a drag strip to compare different runs and/or launch rpm's.

Datalog with Updated Trace
When Datalogging is start you could see the cells being updated / refreshed in the tables.
Update only the cells with the values to be Traced...
this way reducing the cycles/processing and only the cells affected can and will be the only affected.
Example :
  • Refresh the values only in rpm range, just like Tracing.
Example (refresh only the tables that are going to be used Low vs High):
  • Driving in Low Cam the values affected are only the Traced cells and if you choose
    the High Cam table is still refreshing. This applies also to Fuel, Ignition, Knock tables.
Example (engine off):
  • If nothing has change, no refresh needed, the values that could be displayed / refreshed are the temperature.
This will improve FPM reading / communicating with FP.
Joshcornkid

Post by Joshcornkid »

For 2017 Civic Sport w/CVT

Wanting the best of all worlds.

In "Econ" mode - Run Stock Configuration.

"Econ" off & trans in 'Drive' 3+ psi configuration.

"Econ" off & trans in 'Sport' 6+ psi configuration.
- I understand with the trans in 'Sport' just increases the RPM's putting the engine in the turbo's boost range.
- But with that said a signal is sent when dropped into 'Sport'. Could that signal be used to toggle configurations?
Gearhead98

Post by Gearhead98 »

Gearhead98 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:17 pm Injector Sizing for fuel economy on the RDX.
Maybe?
TomCat39

Post by TomCat39 »

I would like to request a basic standalone software manager that is able to download and save datalogs and delete them from the hardware.

Due to the limited datalogging space and the fact that most work computers are locked down, being able to download, save and then delete a datalog from the FlashPro unit would be very helpful for long commuters.

The logs in the morning will be different than the logs in the afternoon just from air temp differences. My commute is roughly an hour and a half typically and I didn't even finish my commute into work and cannot log more until I can copy and empty the log in the unit. However, my work computer is locked down so installing the full manager is not possible.

Regards,
Tomas