Flashpro Civic Si base map - map based?

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

bonylad

Flashpro Civic Si base map - map based?

Post by bonylad »

Apologize for asking this, but with a stock "tuned" map for a stock Si. Is this tune MAP based or MAF based. I tried to search but the noob is strong, and may have overlooked it. Thanks for your time and consideration peoples. Chris
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Flashpro Civic Si base map - map based?

Post by Spunkster »

What year vehicle are you referring to?
bonylad

Post by bonylad »

2007 FA5 Sir. Thanks. Chris

EDIT:

And I do apologize for asking. I am familiar with HP Tuners and dabbled before - but the FlashPro is a new to me tool. I do not intend at this point to do much more than flash the stock tuned map - and log it for knock etc, perhaps a little tweaking? Refine the product for my application. Not looking for massive gains - refinement of the already excellent platform Honda made this into.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is AFM based.
Hondata
bonylad

Post by bonylad »

Thank you gentlemen for the assistance. I will try to curb my questions here on unless relevant. Thanks! Chris
bonylad

Post by bonylad »

Although I see the "Civic-Si-Race-2-Tuned" is map based.......I could run that as well on a stock Si with perhaps even better results? Any preference as to which to use from the Admins? Thanks again! Chris

EDIT - proof of my noobness - I did find my answer as to which it was MAP vs AFM buried in another post lol.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not recommend using Race calibrations anymore as they are no longer updated and no new features are added to them. You can tune AFM or MAP based using the AFM calibrations as they can now be tuned either way.
bonylad

Post by bonylad »

Thank you! Chris