KManager V1-2-0-7

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
k20tuRbo

Post by k20tuRbo »

02SilverSiHB wrote:open kmanager

click help then contents tab
Then go to Windows and double click to open contents under it
Double click on Parameters Window.
Then scan down to Boost control and select that, it will tell you everything and even show the same pic
So for the hi low setting what do you choose? E16 power steering pressure switch? E29 service connector? always on? always off? etc...
how do you switch from low to high?
thesilverbullet

.5 to .6 calibrations

Post by thesilverbullet »

Note that the datalogging has changed (the current gear and boost controller duty cycle have been added). Because of this you cannot datalog a 1.2.0.6 calibration with an earlier version, and cannot datalog an earlier calibration with 1.2.0.6.

How to covert .5 cal to .6?

Just open in .5 cal in .6 kmanager and save?
tryfe

Post by tryfe »

Since uploading my calibration with 1.2.0.6, i've had this weird little ticking/knocking/pinging/rattling noise coming from somewhere under the hood in 1st-2nd under 4k rpms. A few members on the ClubRSX forums have claimed to have had the same issues with no real solutions other than to downgrade to 1.2.0.5 to get rid of it. What could it be??
02SilverSiHB

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

tryfe wrote:Since uploading my calibration with 1.2.0.6, i've had this weird little ticking/knocking/pinging/rattling noise coming from somewhere under the hood in 1st-2nd under 4k rpms. A few members on the ClubRSX forums have claimed to have had the same issues with no real solutions other than to downgrade to 1.2.0.5 to get rid of it. What could it be??
holy crap...so do I. I have the k20a2 and am using the 1.2.0.6 and heard this...but I was assuming it may be something else. Like a pipe rubbing up against something. Does it sound like that?
07 Si Sedan
02SilverSiHB

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

well, I just checked all the piping and anything that could make that noise...can't find anything. it happens between 1st and 2nd and sound like a slight rattle or something...hard to explain...but how could it be a new update cause this...if it even is the cause

edit: I went back to .5 version...car runs very smooth now and no weird sounds. I had to tune out fuel here and tune fuel in all over the place with the .6 version. Not sure what's up with it. I'm sure there will be a fix soon. For now, I'll stick with the .5 version
07 Si Sedan
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Does the sound go away if you unplug the purge valve (on the throttle body)? Can you post a datalog / calibration?
Hondata
thesilverbullet

Got the same shit with N/A setup. SOB - sounds like valves and i was thinking it was time for an adjustment....

more info:

it was very loud the morning after the update- cold start and again that afternoon (again a cold start). Today it did not do it as loud almost did not hear it.

Off Topic:
1. i noticed that the advanced setting are not saved after changing the values.

2. i noticed that the "disable ignition retard when engine is cold" option under the misc tab will not save my changes to unselect this option. i un-check the box, hit save, close kmanager, reopen and it's still selected??? what up with that.
Attachments
@Charlie_7_26_2005_v1205.kal
version: 1205
(43.6 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
@Charlie_8_1_2005_v1206.kal
Version: 1206
(43.64 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
'24 ITR Tiger Eye coming soon...
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD
02SilverSiHB

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

Hondata wrote:Does the sound go away if you unplug the purge valve (on the throttle body)? Can you post a datalog / calibration?
I do have some datalogs still in my deleted items. I'll post one up. It's running just fine now with the .5 version. here are two datalogs I had while I was having the problem of the sound. Once and a while it would ride as though I was getting detonation and feel a tad jerky between 1st and 2nd.

I put both datalogs...one with partial throttle and the other with a 4th gear run
Attachments
cal1.kdl
(264.35 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
cal2.kdl
(474.79 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
07 Si Sedan
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The gear correction ignition advance is not working - run V1.2.0.5 until I fix the problem.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, fixed the problem. Download 1.2.0.7 from the first post in this thread.
Hondata
thesilverbullet

Sweet! Noise is gone.
Attachments
832005v7.kdl
v7 kdl
(245.56 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Last edited by thesilverbullet on Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'23 RDX SH-AWD
02SilverSiHB

Post by 02SilverSiHB »

Hondata wrote:Ok, fixed the problem. Download 1.2.0.7 from the first post in this thread.
damn...you are quick! 8)
07 Si Sedan
tryfe

Post by tryfe »

Downloaded & installed. Loaded up my calibration in .7 and resaved...will upload it to my ECU and see if problem persists. Hondata is'm quick'm. :D
k20tuRbo

Post by k20tuRbo »

Hey I still need help on the hi low setting....any ideas
thesilverbullet

WHY DOES KMANAGER NOT SAVE SOME OF THE PARAMETER CHANGES

maybe this is not off topic since the advance settings are new to v6/v7. I posted in another thread but that was a waste.

1. i noticed that the v6 & v7 advanced settings are not saved after changing these values.

2. i noticed that kmanager will not save my changes to the "disable ignition retard when engine is cold" option under the misc tab.

i un-check the box, hit save, close kmanager, reopen kmanager and the same kal and it's still selected??? what's up with that?

:idea:
'23 RDX SH-AWD