Flashpro stock tune issue

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

NightHawkSiGuy08

Flashpro stock tune issue

Post by NightHawkSiGuy08 »

I recently purchased hondata flashpro from k-tuned for my stock 2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan. I'm completely new to using the hondata flashpro. I wastched various tutorials on the basics of the flashpro as well as reading articles and forums. I followed each step with regards to installing the flashpro manager to uploading a tune on my ecu. However, I have been having issues with my car ever since I flashed my ecu from the oem stock tune to the "completely stock tune" basemap that came with the flashpro.

After I flashed my ecu to the "completely stock" tune base-map, my car has been having some issues. After the tune I took my car out for a test drive. When I would accelerate, the car would have no response. As I press the gas the car chokes out and eventually dies on me. Afterwards, I would try to start it with no success, the car turns over but would not start. I reflashed again to the same tune multiple times because I thought maybe something interrupted the uploading process but still the same thing was happening. Eventually my car didn't start at all, cranks but no start. So I pulled out the spark plugs and saw that they were black and burnt, so I replaced them, reflashed the ecu again and still the same thing happened and the spark plugs also got burnt and turned black again, so I thought, it's probably the tune! My car is completely stock with no modifications whatsoever. So I went and bought some new spark plugs again because the other ones I had on there were black and burnt, installed the new spark plugs again, and reflashed the ecu but this time I used the "stock MAP based tune" just to see what happens. The car started up fine, waited for the car to
Warm up, pressed the gas while in neutral, car doesn't die on me or chokes out so I thought I had fixed the issue. I drove the car normally for about a mile with no issue. So I park the car, and shut off the engine and tried to start it up again but it wouldn't not start, pulled out the spark plugs again and saw that they were slightly dirty and knew that if I had run the car longer it would get burnt eventually. I tried restoring the ecu back to stock but I still have the same problem! Is my ecu permanently damaged? I know it wasn't the ecu itself because my car was running fine before I flashed the ecu. Weird thing is that my car idles fine but once you press on the gas the car chokes and sounds like it's going to die and eventually the engine shuts off. Has anyone else had this issue before? I don't really know what to do at this point. What should I do. Haven't been able to data log anything since my car won't even run long enough for me to data log.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Flashpro stock tune issue

Post by Hondata »

Your ECU is fine. Make a datalog by pressing the datalog button on the FlashPro with the key on before you start it. Start and run the engine for 40 seconds or so to let the o2 sensor warm up and then see if you can capture the engine misfiring. Then download the datalog and post it here.
Hondata
NightHawkSiGuy08

Ok I'll give that a try and post the results as soon as possible. Thanks for the reply!

Have you encountered anyone who has had this problem before or is it just me?
NightHawkSiGuy08

Sorry took so long to upload a datalog, I had work all day for the past couple of days. Anyway, here is a datalog I did today, this was from a cold start. This data log was for a little bit more than 40 seconds.
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(132.44 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post the calibration that this datalog was made with.
NightHawkSiGuy08

This datalog is reflashed back to stock.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Short term trim goes to -31%. Your o2 sensor is not working correctly or there is something else wrong like a leaking injector. I'm guessing the o2 sensor since the lambda stays at 14:1 the whole time after start.
Hondata
NightHawkSiGuy08

ok so replacing my O2 sensor should fix the issue? I will
Also check for any leaks. Is there a way I can PM you if I still have problems?
NightHawkSiGuy08

And I don't understand why this started happening only after I reflashed my ecu. I wasn't having this problem before I reflashed it.
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Please record a datalog for approx 10 minutes + your calibration which you have uploaded to your ECU