FK8 announcment

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
mladjan

FK8 announcment

Post by mladjan »

Hi guys,

I saw your announcement and would like to get some more info for FK8.
I think forum post is better then email because will be similar questions for others.

Why only US? Because of physical sending ECU?
DJDUPONT

Re: FK8 announcment

Post by DJDUPONT »

Word on the street is the protocol between the USDM and EDM ECU is different this is why there's been FK8 tuning solution in Europe for a while, but not here.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The FK2 and FK8 ECUs are different. I do not believe that anyone in Europe can reflash the FK8 (they probably are confusing the FK2 and FK8).

Initially we are only going to offer the FlashPro for the US FK8 because of the requirement that the ECU needs to be sent to us. We will cover the FK2 and non US FK8 are some point in the future.

BTW the US FK8 and Europe FK8 ECU are almost the same. See the second sentence of this post.
Hondata
mladjan

Post by mladjan »

Im not asking about fk2, just fk8 in Euopre because I have fk8 in my garage and Im interested in full tuning solution for my car :)
But it was obvious that shipping is the main problem (I would not send my ECU from EU to US for days/weeks and thinking about getting los).
A lot of people are interested for the same solution in Europe, please talk with your big dealers to get that part of the job and modify ECUs.
Btw, this is just software unlock/root or you are installing some hardware like kpro boards?
typer86

Post by typer86 »

It seems to me the FK8 in europe will be unlocked later...

I think CPL-racing will offer it in the future (official Distributor in EU for hondata Flash pro's)

So drop the email request to the EU hondata dealer...
gezzuzz

Post by gezzuzz »

mladjan wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:39 am Im not asking about fk2, just fk8 in Euopre because I have fk8 in my garage and Im interested in full tuning solution for my car :)
But it was obvious that shipping is the main problem (I would not send my ECU from EU to US for days/weeks and thinking about getting los).
A lot of people are interested for the same solution in Europe, please talk with your big dealers to get that part of the job and modify ECUs.
Btw, this is just software unlock/root or you are installing some hardware like kpro boards?

it would make more sense to just fly to the US with the ecu..
ruddyrid

Post by ruddyrid »

Being that E85/Flex Fuel will likely not be an option for this car since the High Pressure Fuel Pump is being maxed out, would it be possible to configure a similar program to work with a Water/Meth system and a flow sensor?

Sending a flow signal with something like AEM's Flow Gauge, or Water/Meth Failsafe, to the ECU should be simple enough to implement.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=produc ... flow-gauge

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=produc ... safe-gauge
/ruddyrid
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Soot may be a problem with auxiliary injection. The intake and piston are very carefully designed to give tumble to mix the fuel homogeneously (the injector fires multiple times too to help). If the cylinder conditions arise to any rich spots then you will get soot / carbon build up, which is a problem for direct injection. Not sure how likely this would be but I would be fairly careful about auxiliary injection, unless it was full port injection.
Hondata
ruddyrid

Post by ruddyrid »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm gathering is that the only way to go about it is with direct port injection to make sure there is even distribution between cylinders. But even then, there could be issues with carbon build up (I'm guessing within the combustion chamber)?
/ruddyrid
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is not the best solution, and I'm not sure the stock ECU has the inputs and outputs necessary.
Hondata
Dref13

Post by Dref13 »

Did you have an idea of when Flashpro will be available for EU spec?
And if it's possible to set for E85.
My civic waiting you on my garage :)
Or can you give us any Hondata contact in EU or France to manage this modification?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

As soon as we can arrange jailbreaking in the EU it will be released.
Hondata
Dref13

Post by Dref13 »

Thank a lot.
And did you have any idea of the time? 1, 2, 3 month?
It's possible to buy another ECU to keep the original and have another one jailbreaked?
If i understood well it's arround 650$ with out the shipping.

Thanks a lto for your availability
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

ECUs are expensive in the EU. Since we're not doing then jailbreak, we don't know if cloning will be available.
Hondata
hapv

Post by hapv »

Hello @Hondata
Did you have an idea of when Flashpro will be available for latinoamerica ECU?
I am in Costa Rica and I have not problem sending you my ECU to USA.