Getting misfire on cylinders 1-4 and random misfire code up top..

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
trungnguyen28

Getting misfire on cylinders 1-4 and random misfire code up top..

Post by trungnguyen28 »

I'm getting intermittent codes for misfires on cylinders 1 through 4 and also a random misfire code according to my Flashpro datalogs. I have replaced the plugs and still getting the same issue. I'm not very good at looking at datalogs so I'm hoping someone can take a look and perhaps show me if there's anything else going on. Sometimes it'll misfire in 2nd and sometimes it won't. Car otherwise drives fine, doesn't have a CEL or anything like that UNTIL it misfires. And when it does, the CEL flashes perhaps 7-10 times and goes away.

Some info: Ptuning kit, 4bar map, 4 port solenoid, boost by gear, 91 octane tuned on Flashpro.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fllt1fcu9ha67 ... .fpdl?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehlh03u7nji6f ... .fpdl?dl=0
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Getting misfire on cylinders 1-4 and random misfire code up top..

Post by Spunkster »

Has this been tuned on the dyno? If so, have you discussed this issue with your tuner?
trungnguyen28

Post by trungnguyen28 »

It was tuned at Church Automotive by Daniel back in.. October? I don't have any way to contact them besides to call and they're always busy. It's hard to even talk on the phone since it's always so loud from the tuning. I've actually had a few issues since I've left, but I can't pinpoint if it is the tune or something wrong with my car so I don't want to make accusations and come across like that.
trungnguyen28

Post by trungnguyen28 »

I have changed my plugs with new NGK Iridium IX 8's and had them gapped as to what I was tuned to as well. I'm thinking coilpacks at this point, but since I'm always short on time- I made this post to see if anyone with some knowledge could guide me.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

According to your datalogs you are running extremely lean and should not keep driving it this way. You need to get this to your tuner as soon as possible to help you diagnose before damage is done.
trungnguyen28

Post by trungnguyen28 »

Thank you so much. I'll be paying them a visit next week.