Hondata
Site Admin

Running Hondata Mobile on your radio/navi

Post by Hondata »

P1111497_preview.jpeg
P1111497_preview.jpeg (333.9 KiB) Viewed 47705 times
The attachment P1111497_preview.jpeg is no longer available
What this does
The radio / entertainment system / navi in the 10th gen Civic uses an Android based device, and runs Android Apps. From the factory the radio only accepts Honda authorized Apps. This process unlocks ('roots') the Android system so that the Hondata Mobile Android App can be installed on the radio.

Warning: this process alters your factory radio at a low level and has a risk of disabling your radio and may also affect your factory warranty options with the radio/navigation.

What you need
USB A to A cable
USB flash drive
Laptop computer
FlashProManager V2.9.4 or later

Procedure
A) Enable developer mode
1. Start with the ignition in accessory mode
2. Press home, then 'Settings', then 'System', then scroll all the way to the right and then all the way down to 'Detail Information'.
3. Scroll to the bottom and press 'Android Information' or 'About Device'.
4. Press 'Build Number' eight times. Under 'Kernel Version' a button appears 'Please enter a password'.
5. Determine if your radio firmware is 2016-2017 or 2018+ by looking at the date after 'Kernel Version'.
6. 2016-2017 kernel versions: Scroll down, press 'Model Number', then 'Kernel Version', then 'Android Version' then 'Baseband Version'. Developer mode will be enabled.
7. 2018-2019 kernel versions: Scroll down, press 'Kernel Version', then 'Model Number, then 'Build Number' then 'Status'. Developer mode will be enabled.
8. Press the Back button once and then press 'Developer Options'.
9. Scroll to 'USB Debugging' and enable it.
B) Change the USB mode
1. 2016-2018: Hold the Brightness button (physical button on the top left), Audio button and Menu buttons down all at once. A menu will appear with two large white buttons.
1. 2019: Hold the Brightness button (physical button on the top left), Phone button and Audio/Volume buttons down all at once.
2. Select the bottom white button 'Detail Information & Settings'.
3. Hold down the Menu button (2019 Civic: Phone button) until another menu appears.
4. Hold down the Home button for approximately 15 seconds. There will be 3 rapid beeps after a few seconds, then another beep after 10 seconds. A new menu appears.
5. Change the USB role from Host to Device.
C) Root the radio
1. Download the Honda Hack tool from https://github.com/codeage/root-honda/b ... p?raw=true
2. Unzip the hack tool on a laptop. Note that all anti-virus software will complain that this is a 'hack tool'.
3. Using the USB A to A cable connect the laptop to the USB port with the smartphone picture on it.
4. On the laptop run the Honda hack tool. It will connect to the radio automatically.
5. On the laptop click on the 'Root' button.
6. After rooting is complete unplug the laptop from the USB.
7. For some models the radio the radio will reboot automatically, for other vehicles the radio will flash every 10 seconds or so. In this case, switch off the ignition for 30 seconds and then switch on the ignition to accessory.
8. The radio should show the Honda logo for 1 minute while rebooting.
D) Install the Hondata mobile App
1. Download the Hondata mobile APK file and save onto the USB flash drive.
2. Plug the USB drive into the center console USB port.
3. On the radio press Home, then 'App List' (some models) or the button with six squares (other models).
4. Run the 'Honda Installer' app.
5. Select 'Install An App'.
6. Press the top backslash or '..' to go backwards and then scroll down to 'usbdrive2'.
7. Select the com.hondata.hondatamobile.apk file.
8. The Hondata Mobile App will be installed.
9. Press and hold the Audio button for approximately 10 seconds and then select Yes to reboot the radio. This takes about 1 minute and the Honda logo will show when rebooting.
E) Linking to FlashPro
1. Make sure that you have updated the FlashPro firmware using FlashProManager V2.9.4 or above.
2. Switch the ignition to run or start the engine.
3. Press Home, then Settings, then Bluetooth, Devices then Search for Devices.
4. The FlashPro will appear as a MAC address (8 pairs of numbers separated by colons).
5. Pair to the FlashPro. If you have changed your code from 0000 then you will need to enter it.
6. Press Home, then App List and then Hondata Mobile.
7. Click to lightening bolt to connect. The FlashPro will appear as 'FlashPro'.
8. Enjoy running Hondata Mobile on your 10th gen Civic.

Credits and links
Software
https://github.com/codeage/root-honda/b ... p?raw=true
Hondata Mobile
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21067
USB A to A cable
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Beige-USB-2-0-Cable
Instructions & Credits
https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... 7-t3621582
https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... a-t3487644

Some anti virus software will give a warning that the HondaHackv2.0.exe contains a trojan. Technically it does. The file that triggers the warning is 'dirtycow', which is listed as an 'android hack tool', which it is. The file is not a Windows file so cannot harm a Windows PC. However vigilance should be maintained that other files in the HondaHack.zip do not contain malicious software. If you are not technically savvy and comfortable installing and running this type of software then we recommend you do not do so.

Hondata mobile is only supported on the OEM navi. For other android devices please do not post here.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Running Hondata Mobile on your radio/navi

Post by Hondata »

Here are the instructions in printable form
Civic Radio Unlocking.pdf
(47.75 KiB) Downloaded 1558 times
Hondata
LordMothy

Post by LordMothy »

Has anyone had problems getting their PC to install drivers once connected?
LordMothy

Post by LordMothy »

I am connected to the correct USB port and the radio is set to device mode. My computer does acknowledge I’m connected however It fails to find the right driver prohibiting me from running the hack.
LordMothy

Post by LordMothy »

Ok, I've got it sorted out.

In my case I had to make an "adb_usb.ini" file and place it in the C:\Users\User\.android folder. This may be just me but I also had to NOT use any USB 3.0 ports.

The device code seemed to be 0x06d3

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit
FlashproSi

Post by FlashproSi »

I am currently having issues connecting Flashpro to the Headunit App. I try to connect through BT through the Settings on the Head unit, it brings up the code 0000 and says to enter it on the BT device, then it says unable to connect. Before this mod came out I had the Flashpro paired to my iPhone on Hondata Mobile, is it possible to code changed?
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

FlashproSi wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:53 am I am currently having issues connecting Flashpro to the Headunit App. I try to connect through BT through the Settings on the Head unit, it brings up the code 0000 and says to enter it on the BT device, then it says unable to connect. Before this mod came out I had the Flashpro paired to my iPhone on Hondata Mobile, is it possible to code changed?
Yes , it's under FlashPRo window then bluetooth tab
Attachments
FlashPro unlocked.JPG
FlashPro unlocked.JPG (48.58 KiB) Viewed 47319 times
FlashproSi

Post by FlashproSi »

O.k. thanks! it looks like the Pin Code and everything is right, it just keeps telling me that it is unable to connect. I'm wondering if I need to delete the app and reinstall it. The Flashpro will show up on and connect on the iPhone if I open up the App. Not sure what's going on with the APK on the HU. All other BT works for other devices.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

What year is your Si? Is it 2018? if so it wont pair. They changed some coding on the head unit
arsone

Post by arsone »

Is there now a way to run hondata mobile on the infotainment center for 2018 civic si?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Not at this time.
gotboost

Post by gotboost »

Is there a way to use it on crv 2018
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If the radio can be rooted then yes, but I do not know if anyone has rooted the radio yet.
Hondata
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

Hondata wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:58 am If the radio can be rooted then yes, but I do not know if anyone has rooted the radio yet.
it's the same as the Civics
gotboost

Post by gotboost »

can we do it whit and iphone or we absolutely need and android ...