Defective flash pro?

FlashPro Manager software
Yungtempo

Defective flash pro?

Post by Yungtempo »

I guess I'll make a thread here because Hondata won't reply to me. I bought a flash pro and everything was fine for the first day. I uploaded a new tune and it was working great. The next day I was going to datalog but my flash pro now refuses to connect. The power light turns on for a couple seconds then goes off. If I start the car while it's still hooked up my VAS and power steering light turn on and my ECT gauge turns grey. If I unplug it and start my car everything is 100% fine. The flashpro even gets consistent power from the laptop when I hook It up, It seems like the problem might be the OBD cable, or something rejecting my ECU. I've checked my fuses and tried 2 obdII readers, they get power fine.Is there anyway to reload or update the flash pro module? Or is my only option sending it back to Hondata?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Defective flash pro?

Post by Hondata »

How were you contacting us when we would not reply?

What vehicle do you have? What calibration are you using? If you plug the FlashPro into the laptop, and not the vehicle, does FlashProManager see the FlashPro?

Can you check the pins in the OBDII connector as they can get bent.
Hondata
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

I have an 09 Honda civic si. it started after I loaded the injen CAi calibration. I got it to connect long enough to load a MAP based tune that ran better but I can still hardly ever get it to connect. The laptop recognizes it but it wont pick up the ECU. The pins on the flash pro module are all straight. I was able to call the hotline and get some assistance but for some reason when I email support@hondata.com so see if I can send it in I never get a reply. I would prefer to not send it in and wait but it doesn't seem like I have many options to fix it by reprogramming it or anything on my own.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have emailed us once on 5/5/18 and we are closed on weekends.

What is the serial number that is on the FlashPro?

From Help, About, what is the version of software that you are using?
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

I also sent an email on the 3rd but it's not a big deal, I got an answer so I'm happy. I don't mean to be rude I has just getting frustrated. The serial number is FP-SI-US-230874 for the 06-11 civic si. The version of flash pro manager I'm using is 3.0.1.0. I just got a notification that a new software is available which I'm downloading now. Im hoping that alone will fix my problem. I may have just been stuck between updates
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

Update: I uploaded the new software but it still will not connect. Once again it just greys out the ECT gauge and does not detect the ecu
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try this first. Get under the car and unplugging the 02 sensors and see if everything works as it should.
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

Alright it'll be a couple hours till I can do it but I'll give it a shot. Should I unplug just the upstream or both?

Nevermind I just reread it and saw you said "sensors" lol
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

Sorry to keep replying multiple times. SInce you guys will be closed by the time I reply, what's should I do if those works? Should I flash it back to stock while it's connected, or what does this test tell me?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Just see if it will work as it is supposed to with them disconnected. If it does then it means there is a wiring issue you will need to resolve.
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

Unfortunately that did not work either. Do you have any other suggestions for me?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Send an email to support<at>hondata.com with the following and I will issue an RMA and give you further
instructions:

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Serial#:
Description of problem:

Include a link to this thread.
Yungtempo

Post by Yungtempo »

Alright I sent them an email, I really appreciate all the help.