What am I doing wrong? Pressure tops only at 17 psi

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
DarkCiv

What am I doing wrong? Pressure tops only at 17 psi

Post by DarkCiv »

Hi folks...

I don´t know what I am doing wrong.

On my datalogs, MAP stays around 17 psi, but on my Pressure tables, it shoud be near 21/22...
I thought it was a problem of the Torque table, and rised it too, but it still stays at the same pressure.

It is really strange, because when I first flashed it, I forgot to check the Hondata Eco mode. So the car was with the exacly same behavior when Eco was on and off. At this time, the pressures was hiting 19, and slowly decreasing to 18,5.

But after I have checked the Hondata Eco mode... Jesus, nothing that I change makes diference on this MAP pressure!!!! I want a car stock with Eco on, and an agressive one when Eco is off...

Below, you have my calibration (a +6 psi with a little more pressure, torque and ignition), and a small datalog. The final 3 minutes of datalog is with Econ button on!

Any comments will be really appreciated!!!
Attachments
datalog0004.fpdl
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
segunda cal.fpcal
(9.22 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
DarkCiv

Re: What am I doing wrong? Pressure tops only at 17 psi

Post by DarkCiv »

Just to send more data:

Ambient temperature were about 66/67 Fahrenheit during datalog.

In EVERY datalog, L trim never gets different from - 100%. This is really strange!!!

And this is not a new reflash... I have put about 800 miles in the car before this datalag, and using the atual calibration.

Car is totally stock, and with a very nice fuel on it. It is a mixture of 25% Ethanol, and 75% of 95 RON gas.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

To raise the boost further you need to raise your torque limits. There are 2, eco and non eco. Raise the one you wish to have increased boost in. The
ECU is torque based. Simply raising the boost target wont raise the boost if there is a torque ceiling.

As far as the -100 trim, that shouldn't be causing any issues but if you can, go to the help menu and click on send information to Hondata support. Include a description of the issue.
DarkCiv

Post by DarkCiv »

Dear Spunkster, and Hondata friends

I decided to took all of this night to test everything that I could on my flashpro, but nothing seems to work.

My FP arrived about 2 weeks ago. A dealer from Brazil helped me and made the first reflash. He started with the +3 psi just to test, and it was ok.
Then he put the +6 psi default calibration, and I came back to my city. But I really didn't felt any difference at that time from the +3. As it takes time to the ECU get used to the new calibration, I waited...

On the next day, I realized that he forgot to check the Econ mode on the Calibration. And then I started to play with the Flashpro. And since that, I have been playing with it, and even changing a lot of things, NOTHING changes on the datalogs!!!

Resuming, I have made a lot of calibrations, of modifications... I have increased all the tables of boost and knock limits to the +6 psi flexfuel, and I have increased A LOT the torque tables. Insanely!!!! Today, I put 350 Nm from 3k to the end of RPM range, because I really would like to see my MAP pressure, just one time in my life, goes further than the 17,5 psi that I am getting in all of the datalogs that I have made.
But, tonight, again, my top boost was a 18 psi, that decreases to 17 while the rpm rises...

So, in the end, I decided to put back the stock, with the Return to stock. And for the first time ever, I have saw the Knock limit starts from 100%...
Yes, this was the first time!!!!
I know this clearly, because this is the first number that I look when I start the car and turn on the Hondata mobile...

So, it seems that everytime that I Reflash the ECU, it uses the very first +3psi tables. Independent of what calibration I choose on my PC, it always flashes the same tables... because everytime the knock control starts on 54%. Everytime.
Or my torque tables are not being changed on ECU.

One thing I garantee for you guys: returning to stock really works as it should be.

Question: is it possible that I am sending a calibration from the PC, but the first +3 psi is on another slot, and the FP uses this second slot to reflash?
Is it possible that a brand new reflash starts the ECU with a 54% KC?

There is other strange things that I've noticed that is:

L.Trim always stays on - 100%

Now, I will send a link to this thread on the send information to hondata suport.

Ow, by the way, a final calibration and datalog. The datalog is very small because I didnt need more time to realize that pratically nothing changed.

Today, the wheather was about 55 F
Attachments
etanol2.fpcal
(9.06 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
datalog0008.fpdl
(439.15 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

knock control starting at 54% is normal with a reflash
long trim at -100% is also normal for some non US countries

your tplate is not 100%
DarkCiv

Post by DarkCiv »

But Jun, what about this 17 psi being there with a torque table of 350 Nm???

I am using one of your posts, when you have said that with 250 Nm, the pressures stays near 20 or 21 psi...

What can be happening?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

step by step describe exactly what you are doing and clicking on when you upload.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

what flex fuel calibration are you using? Looking at my software, Bazil calibration does not have flex fuel options
DarkCiv

Post by DarkCiv »

Yesterday I realized that flashing from PC is "different" from flashing from the FlashPro. But I made this steps.
I always use the laptop.

First of all, I took everythng to the car. laptop, cables and the FP.

Started the laptop, plugued the FP on USB, and erased all of the calibrations on both slots.

Than I opened on PC the desired calibration, and uploaded it in the 2 slots availiable (this was unnecessary, but I did).

Closed the FPManeger. Opened again. Opened the same desired calibration on FPManager.

the FP was already pluged on Laptop. Then I pluged it into the OBD2.

pressed 2 times the start button of the car, so the dashboard was totally working, but didnt started the car.

Than i pressed the upload button. And the flash started.

After 30 seconds, the messages of error started on dashboard, that is normal. The blipping stopped about 1 minute after, and only the messages keep comming in dashboard.

After about 4 minutes, the flashes finished on laptop, and it asked me to turn off the car.

I hold the start engine button to turn off, and a message appeared on dashboard saying that this could cause lost of power, but the car was off.

Then I turn on the car and everything was completely normal....
DarkCiv

Post by DarkCiv »

Jun43 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am what flex fuel calibration are you using? Looking at my software, Bazil calibration does not have flex fuel options
Exactly... It does not have.

I realized that for brazilian cars, there is only some basic calibrations. And, in fact, it is strange that our +3 psi and +6 psi have the same boost numbers.

As our fuel has by law an 25 percent of ethanol, and I realized that for other countries Hondata supplies a flex fuel calibration, I gave it a try. In fact, the pressures from this flexfuel calibrations are a little bit higher than the +6 psi base.

So I've copy the boost tables and Knock air limit tables from this civic 2018 USA +6 flexfuel calibrations to our brazilian +6 psi.

Just it.

By the way, I want to reinforce here that I am not desiring to pass the limits of the CVT, neither broke my car. This is a everyday use car, and the most part of the time, my wife is using it... I just want to baically feel that the things that I change shows some differences on datalogs. And this is my biggest frustration.
Using the +6 psi flex fuel tables, and rising the torque close to 350 Nm, the pressures just hit the 18 psi and decreses...

After all, now, I returned my car to stock. Because if I mess with this car anymore today, my wife will kick my ass. But I really want to get back to tune tomorrow...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If flex fuel is not supported in your calibrations then you cannot use settings for flex fuel as you cannot run a flex fuel sensor.
DarkCiv

Post by DarkCiv »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:07 am If flex fuel is not supported in your calibrations then you cannot use settings for flex fuel as you cannot run a flex fuel sensor.
Exactly. It is not suported...

I have Just imported the numbers of this calibrations. I copy the pressures tables and knock Air limit numbers of this flex calibration and pasted on the + 6 Brazilian.
DarkCiv

Post by DarkCiv »

Hello,

Tonight I started to think outside the box, and tryied a different approach to my issue.

As you know, My BP command tops at 17,9 psi, and dont let the engine develop better performance.

So this time I tryied other things:

Changed the laptop for the reflash, keep the pressure tables high enough, and Torque tables near 300 Nm.
And then I decided to disable every single mod and unnecessary stuff on the calibration.
So all the 4 items of mods I have disabled, second ECT sensor, second O2, and even the Hondata Mode I disabled too...

But again, it does not work... the behavior of BP is still toping the pressure at only 17,9 psi.

Just for information, below there is this calibration, and a datalog with some pulls...

If anyone has any other idea, it will be really appreciated.

Thanks.
Attachments
datalog0001.fpdl
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 130 times
etanol4.fpcal
(9.09 KiB) Downloaded 129 times