KPro / KManager requests

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
yaggs89

Re: KPro / KManager requests

Post by yaggs89 »

- mobile app can be used to trigger onboard datalogging
-more criteria options for triggering automatic onboard datalogging (like knock, afr, etc.)
Jakermac

Post by Jakermac »

Will there be any further development of KManager, as in new features, etc... or is now only being maintained?
ukjaunt

Post by ukjaunt »

Dear Mr Hondata,
could you please allow us to separate out data logging frequency for each metric? Don't want to use the logging memory up too quickly but logging a temperature might need 1Hz but RPM would be nice to have much higher. That way we can make the memory go a lot further both in terms of time and delete count limits (the 100,000 thing).
One single screen with each metric in one column and ability to put a number in the 2nd column for frequency and ideally with a check box to turn on or off that metric altogether (or maybe just set frequency to 0 means no logging for that variable). I know the behind the scenes code is a lot more complex than that.
Thanks in advance!
dliebert11123

Post by dliebert11123 »

I have one of these (see pic)
20230409_161740.jpg
20230409_161740.jpg (640.13 KiB) Viewed 71025 times
in my 05 Si Hatchback. What do I need to connect to it, update software, get sensor readouts, codes, etc. Not trying do do anything fancy; I just want to access diagnostics and figured, "why buy an expensive code reader when I already have this onboard?" (Bought used and am clueless.)
Hondata wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm Official thread for software requests. No responses are guaranteed, but we do read the forums at least once per day.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must use the Kmanager software connected via USB.
dliebert11123

Post by dliebert11123 »

Thanks, Spunkster. Should I anticipate needing firmware updates for the KPro board or new software-old hardware compatibility issues?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The current software should work with what you have.
dliebert11123

Post by dliebert11123 »

Thanks for your help. The 1990s retro GUI is awesome! X-D
spiritr

Post by spiritr »

Could Throttle Position and IAT be added to the Lotus 2008+ CAN signals? The standard dash cluster doesn't do anything with these, but several years ago Lotus started offering a official dash built by AiM that uses Lotus CAN but doesn't support the standard AiM protocols. It'll log this information if made available.

Full list of supported channels available here, IAT and TPS are the only two relevant channels that aren't currently available.

Thanks for the consideration!
solosaniok

Post by solosaniok »

solosaniok wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:10 am Please make it possible
1. To select 2 separate inputs for Launch Control and Full Thorttle Shift
2. IMPORTANT: Please add the possibility to disable Wideband AFR control in Closed Loop for a configurable amount of time after engine start. The aftermarked Wideband (for example AEM) is sending a very reach signal during heat-up and the Wideband AFR comand is pulling out maximum possible Fuel during that period making the AFR very lean with rough Idle.
3. Please add something like Charge temperature compensation table that will be a percentage 0-100 to consider the intake temp as ECT temp DUE to Heatsoak.
Thank you in advance!
Dear Spunkster
Was the above request analyzed, is there a way we could get the number 2 at least?
If yes when is it planned for release?
Similar requests came from other users as well see bellow.
Sloss wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:33 am Hi Hondata

Not sure if this has been discussed - But, is it possible to put a delay on the O2 correction / short term trim at startup if an external wideband is used?

The analog external wideband input is really great and works well. However, with more and more customers running the AEM 30-0300 wideband. It would be great if we could get a delay for the O2 correction at start up - What i am seeing is at start up the WB gauge outputs a false full rich signal for a good 10 to 20 seconds. This false signal pegs the short term trim to the minimum adjustment causing an extreme lean condition until the signal starts outputting properly.

If possible, it would be great if you could add some sort of adjustable time delay if an external WB is being used. Hope you can help with that. Keep up the great work and thanks
bombardius

Post by bombardius »

Bit of a weird one...
I have an S1 Elise with a k24 swap and a PRC ECU. The S1 has a different dash that ultimately drives a bunch of duplicate sensors (vehicle speed, water temperature, etc) to what the ECU already has. I'd like to upgrade to a 2008+ cluster. The car has no AC, so the B9 pin isn't a concern. Unfortunately since the PRC ECU does not have the FTP pin, I can't use the prescribed method of getting a fuel level signal to the ECU and ultimately the cluster. I see that the analog 7 input is used for the LCD display toggle. Would it be possible to get a similar remapping for (as an example) analog 6 or something so it could be used instead of E14? Is there some setting I'm not aware of that could change this?

(everything else wiring wise looks fairly straightforward, I'd just really like to save the cost of another ECU)

Thanks,
Mike
yaggs89

Post by yaggs89 »

Hoping it would be possible to implement a usb drive onto the end of the cable (female to female adapter would be needed). This would allow a users usb drive to log much longer events (like track days), without having to drive on a racetrack with a laptop (bad idea). Onboard data logging is very limited and this could solve that issue.