Datalog wont record correct afr numbers

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
AlwaysInVtec

Datalog wont record correct afr numbers

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

So I'm having an issue trying to datalog my air to fuel ratios. For some reason in the "recorded lambda table" it wont show anything but 17.65 and in the "estimated change" table it only shows 16% and 23% even though in the Display window it's reading the correct afr that my gauge is showing. I can't figure out why it's not recording the correct afr that the Hondata "Display Window" is showing me.

This is how it looks on the recorded lambda table

This is how it looks on the estimated change table
This is how I currently have it setup.

I'm using an Autometer 4379 wideband. I'm using its 0-4v analog output. I've got the positive wire for that output hooked up to the analog 0 input on the hondata s300 v3 board and I've got the ground wire hooked up to the ground input on the board as well.

This is how I have it set up in SManager

Perameters. I have the Analog 0 setup for afr and have the custom input setup for my gauge. 0v = 10afr, 4v = 17afr (I got that straight from the instructions for my gauge on the Autometer website)

Settings

In the Units tab under "Lambda Unit" I have AFR selected.

In the Sensor Overlay tab under "Sensor Overlay" I have Sensor Overlay 1 (Lambda) selected. Under Conditions I left it all as Hondata had it setup

I think that's everything I have setup for it. Oh, on the side in those first photos in the "Sensor Window" If you look at where it says Ano 0, it's reading exactly what the Display Window is reading...which is what my actual gauge in my car is reading. So all of that is working together. So why in the world it wont datalog the correct numbers I have no idea. I just got Hondata last week, I had been tuning my car on Crome for years so this program is new to me in how things are setup. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Datalog wont record correct afr numbers

Post by Spunkster »

The analog and digital inputs on the s300 are for datalogging only and cannot be used for lambda tracing or closed loop operation/lean protection. If you want to do this you will need to use one of the analog inputs on the ECU itself, which are listed in the closed loop advanced tab of parameters.
AlwaysInVtec

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

Oooh ok, thanks! I didn't know that. Makes sense why Hondata can see it, but the ecu itself can't. I'll try and hook it up to D14 and see how it acts then. In doing that though, does it mean it will only read if closed loop is turned on? Or will it still work even in open loop?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend against using D14 as it cannot see the full voltage range that the other inputs can see.
AlwaysInVtec

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

Oh ok. Um, which one do you suggest using? Another question. If I hook the analog input power wire up to whatever pin, do I hook the analog ground wire from the gauge to the ecu in the sg1 or sg2 ground pin (d21/d22)? Or do I run that analog ground wire to the thermostat housing where the ecu is grounded?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may not need to connect the analog ground, You will have to connect the signal wire and see if it woks first.
AlwaysInVtec

Post by AlwaysInVtec »

I didn't have to connect the ground for it. Got it working finally. Thanks for the info and help!
SnakeMan

Post by SnakeMan »

so what do i do when i have tried wiring the signal wire to all the input options in closed loop options and it is still not reading the correct afr that my gauge is reading?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you adjusted the voltage offset?