Flash pro not downloading to ecu

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2012 Acura RDX
sean

Re: Flash pro not downloading to ecu

Post by sean »

pepperdanky wrote:If you look under 'Rev Limits' for that calibration, the limiter is set to 6900 rpm.

Yup, it is....what I want to know is the tune that I have on my flashpro the same as the one offered by hondata by sending out my ecu, or is it just a base calibration that I need to go to a dyno to fine tune??

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The calibrations in the FlashPro are not the same as the reflash available by sending in the ECU.
sean

Post by sean »

pepperdanky wrote:If you look under 'Rev Limits' for that calibration, the limiter is set to 6900 rpm.

Yup , it is.....is the tuned calibration just a base calibration to get me to the dyno, or is it identical to the one offered by hondata if I send my ecu out.
sean

Post by sean »

Spunkster wrote:The calibrations in the FlashPro are not the same as the reflash available by sending in the ECU.
Is there anyway I can get a copy of this software? The tuned software offered for free online in my opinion doesn't seem to give me any gain in performance
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I think you're chasing the wrong thing. The calibration on the FlashPro is dyno tuned. If you don't think you have any gains then you should do back to back dynos, and then tune / fix any problems.
Hondata
sean

Post by sean »

Hondata wrote:I think you're chasing the wrong thing. The calibration on the FlashPro is dyno tuned. If you don't think you have any gains then you should do back to back dynos, and then tune / fix any problems.

Is there anything that would impair a tune from working properly? I have changed my O2 sensor recently....I have no CEL....Im assuming that if i datalog at WOT i would be able to check the parameters and see whats going on??? boost, timing etc?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try changing the rev limit in the calibration to something really low. If you upload and it revlimits at this new revlimit then it is uploading properly.
sean

Post by sean »

Alright,

So Iv Dataloged my car...Ill describe some of the values I have while running my car in second gear WOT from 12MPH to 72MPH
I make MAX boost at around 3200RPM at 15.2PSI. There are a couple of values I do not understand like AFM and AFM.c I also do not understand why the actual VTC cam angle is permanently at 0 after 2300 RPM and knock ignition limit hits -12 at 3881 ( not sure what that means either but it highlights in red)

The duty cycle hits a high of 87% which is high for my liking....i may get a set of 600CC injectors ( bosch)

I have 0 knock, which is good...and the air fuel ratio seems to be OK. Let me know what you guys think...

3000RPM
14.5PSI
A/F 12.5
CAM 0
IGN 9
AFM (G/S) 118 (red)???
AFM.c (mg) 1145.71 (red)???
IGN.Limit -7
knock retard 8
L.trim -7
Duty 45

12.6PSI
A/F 12.37
CAM 0
IGN 8
AFM (G/S) 128 (red)???
AFM.c (mg) 1080.2 (red)???
IGN.Limit -10 (red)??
knock retard 8
L.trim -7
Duty 52

4000rpm
12.7PSI
A/F 12.11
CAM 0
IGN 10
AFM (G/S) 152 (red)???
AFM.c (mg) 1122.70 (red)???
IGN.Limit -10
knock retard 7
L.trim -7
Duty 62

5000 rpm
13.4PSI
A/F 12.09
CAM 0
IGN 15
AFM (G/S) 186 (red)???
AFM.c (mg) 1111.56 (red)???
IGN.Limit -2
knock retard 10
L.trim -7
Duty 74

6000RPM
11PSI
A/F 12.2
CAM 0
IGN 15
AFM (G/S) 213 (red)???
AFM.c (mg) 1061.35(red)???
IGN.Limit -3
knock retard 8
L.trim -7
Duty 85

6500RPM
10.3PSI
A/F 12.22
CAM 0
IGN 18
AFM (G/S) 215 (red)???
AFM.c (mg) 977.05
IGN.Limit -2
knock retard 7
L.trim -7
Duty 86
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote:Try changing the rev limit in the calibration to something really low. If you upload and it revlimits at this new revlimit then it is uploading properly.
sean

Post by sean »

im sure that iv mentioned earlier in this post that I set my speed limit to 25mph or something like that...and it is uploading correctly....if you take a look at the message i posted earlier...do all of these values correspond to a proper tune?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This has been covered:
- the calibration is uploading correctly.
- if you're concerned about the tuning then find a dyno tuner with experience and get the car tuned.
Hondata
epalen

Post by epalen »

This is exactly what's happening to my RDX reflash also. Problem is I don't want to go to any dyno and spend more money to correct for a software that doesn't work. Will I be able to transfer this to my 2013 Civic EX Auto? I'm just not comfortable re-selling this because there's not even a slight noticeable difference in performance.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

epalen wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:17 am This is exactly what's happening to my RDX reflash also. Problem is I don't want to go to any dyno and spend more money to correct for a software that doesn't work. Will I be able to transfer this to my 2013 Civic EX Auto? I'm just not comfortable re-selling this because there's not even a slight noticeable difference in performance.
FlashPro is a tuning device and it comes with basemaps that gets you started with tuning.
Without going to the dyno or etune, you will never be able to extract the most of the engine.

according to your text of datalog, you should really post the file not list it in text. it matches with the boost level they have advertised on the basemap

Imo you are expecting too much from a basemap. 26hp isn't much in a heavy car.
Have you done a datalog of a 0-70mph on stock calibration vs the basemap? you can compare the two datalogs and see the changes
D-Rob

Post by D-Rob »

epalen wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:17 am This is exactly what's happening to my RDX reflash also. Problem is I don't want to go to any dyno and spend more money to correct for a software that doesn't work. Will I be able to transfer this to my 2013 Civic EX Auto? I'm just not comfortable re-selling this because there's not even a slight noticeable difference in performance.
You just need some tuning.

Feel free to PM me or shoot me an email (drobimw@gmail.com), and I'm happy to get you squared away with some gains!