Running plus 6 psi, problems after running hard

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Running plus 6 psi, problems after running hard

Post by Spunkster »

Are you letting the engine warm up fully before boosting it hard?
noobroster

Post by noobroster »

Yeah I've been making sure to warm up first. This time it happened when I was pulling away from a curb.
noobroster

Post by noobroster »

I just cleared the code through the app and when I started it back up after breakfast it was fine.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would suggest that you try to datalog when you are driving to try and catch it in the act when you get the error and then post your calibration and datalog here.
noobroster

Post by noobroster »

Ight, I'll see if I can catch it. I was thinking it's maybe just a sensor.
arsone

Post by arsone »

It seems like the same thing happened to me while running the ethanol 6psi map. This happened twice. I reflashed my car and it hasn't happened since.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

arsone wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am It seems like the same thing happened to me while running the ethanol 6psi map. This happened twice. I reflashed my car and it hasn't happened since.
what was the CEL for?

if you reset the CEL without checking it. You can not find the cause of the problem
noobroster

Post by noobroster »

Well I've been driving the car for 12000 miles and I'm still throwing the overboost code but it only happens in weird situations. If I'm paying attention all the way I've been having no problems, but it seems when I miss a shift or if I let the revs get too high( like over 5500) it may or may not throw the overboost. I think this is more of a safe guard for the engine more so than an actual problem. I also haven't done any datalogging.
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

This just happened to me as well... I have a 2020 Si sedan, all stock.. I was leaving work, I have to drive 30 miles all freeway.. it was 80 degrees outside.. After a couple of miles I pushed it and with AC on as well, I believe not shifting after 5500rpm or so and thats when it would happen.. Loss of power, all dash lights going nuts.. I pulled over shut off engine, plugged in the hondata into ECU, ran a datalog but the engine was ok but all the lights still were going nuts.. Overboost I do believe is the problem after reading all the comments.. Came home and flashed again..